• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The relegation mini-league

It's down to 3, none of the bottom 3 will catch the fourth from bottom club. I fully expect us to go down, the other 2 teams have games over us and we just can't score.
Let's hope we can change can't score into couldn't score!
Who knows what can happen with recent changes? maybe to late and not the right players!
Have to agree it doesn't look brilliant.

I can't imagine they would be getting rid of him without already having someone lined up, Curle? Either way they don't have a great squad and given there wasn't much of a new manager bounce when they got Jolley in I wouldn't expect too much from them now.

I look at the bottom three and right now I'd say we are the most likely to be relegated. Teams that struggle to score goals get relegated and we more than struggle.

We have to hope either Nile Ranger comes in and scores regularly or somehow the rest of the squad start finding the net.

Like our new manager bounce with MM. Nothing to worry about!
If the squad is not good enough then no new manager can turn it round without new signings.
1 thing in their favour is though is they do score goals. I actually thought they were decent when they played us if I'm honest. It wouldn't surprise me if they gain couple wins with a new manager but of course I hope they dont.

Now it looks like we are down to a 3, maybe 4 team mini league to save our FL status. The encouraging thing for us is that we are above 3 teams in the form table 2 of them are below us in the table and the other is only just above us and seemingly within reach if they carry on the way they are going.

Will our approach of not conceding be enough? 4 points every 3 games could be just about enough but is it realistic to expect that kind of return until the end of the season?

The thing that gives me hope is that despite the clubs below us having games in hand, they are both unlikely to win them all, Col U are also sinking like a stone and have no real opportunity to turn it around by adding to their squad.

Your right, its now 12 games without a win for us and our next 4 games all look likely to end in defeat, Steve Ball looks out of his depth as manager and it shows!

Your right, its now 12 games without a win for us and our next 4 games all look likely to end in defeat, Steve Ball looks out of his depth as manager and it shows!
Your chairman probably looking at the league table and seeing that gap thinking might give it few more games before he acts.

Your chairman probably looking at the league table and seeing that gap thinking might give it few more games before he acts.

Robbie is not one to part with his managers lightly so he is not going to sack Steve quickly, having said that Steve Ball looks a beaten man so my decide to just walk away. We certainly have some very good players, they just don't gel as a team and the style of play often leaves a lot to be desired!

Robbie is not one to part with his managers lightly so he is not going to sack Steve quickly, having said that Steve Ball looks a beaten man so my decide to just walk away. We certainly have some very good players, they just don't gel as a team and the style of play often leaves a lot to be desired!
Your chairman will panic if the gap closes I think. Regards to ball I doubt he will just walk...... he will carry on and the fact their no fans at present helps that case. Manager who performing badly are getting easy time at the moment.

Your chairman will panic if the gap closes I think. Regards to ball I doubt he will just walk...... he will carry on and the fact their no fans at present helps that case. Manager who performing badly are getting easy time at the moment.
They sure are....

Yes no fans makes it less stressful for players and management when things are going badly, I think it would have been very toxic if fans had been allowed in. We shall see, Steve has been with us several years now in various roles so if he leaves it will be by mutual consent I would think.

Yes no fans makes it less stressful for players and management when things are going badly, I think it would have been very toxic if fans had been allowed in. We shall see, Steve has been with us several years now in various roles so if he leaves it will be by mutual consent I would think.
Mutual consent is a nice way of saying your fired though surely...

Plus he would miss out on his compensation money. I doubt ball would get another job in the efl. Look at jon mcgreal, he still out of work.

People keep saying our squad is better than Barrow and Grimsby yet we still can't score goals and rarely look like it, Holmes has to stay fit and play as many games as possible as he is the player with the ability to score and also set up goals, however, our next three games are FGR, Salford and Cheltenham. These are very tough and considering we couldn't best an avaerge Bolton side it's hard to see where we get points from these three

Very true. Any points gained from those three matches will be a bonus. March's fixtures are rather less tough but we need to get to 6th March at Oldham still in touch with Barrow and Grimsby. I don't normally worry too much about how other teams perform preferring to focus on our own performances. However our current situation is different and the performances of Barrow and Grimsby are almost as important as our own. I'm hoping that neither of them gain any points on Tuesday evening........

Very true. Any points gained from those three matches will be a bonus. March's fixtures are rather less tough but we need to get to 6th March at Oldham still in touch with Barrow and Grimsby. I don't normally worry too much about how other teams perform preferring to focus on our own performances. However our current situation is different and the performances of Barrow and Grimsby are almost as important as our own. I'm hoping that neither of them gain any points on Tuesday evening........
I agree, I would be happy even if we got one point from the next three, FGR and Cheltenham imo the two best sides in the league, but after those there is a winnable run.

Barrows Assistant manager Rob Kelly caretaker manager until the end of the season appears to be popular choice with their fans.

I agree, I would be happy even if we got one point from the next three, FGR and Cheltenham imo the two best sides in the league, but after those there is a winnable run.
I wouldn't be. 1 point in next 3, by then we could be 5/6 points away from 3rd from bottom. We should be approaching every game looking to win. That's how to get away from trouble.

Back