• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The relegation mini-league

Is the season finishing next week?
No. But the false position of being 3rd from bottom made it look better than it is. We cannot score and between now and end of season we will not win enough games. Too much hype around Holmes and Ranger. I really hope I am proved wrong but I can’t see it. I am absolutely gutted. Blame lays at one mans feet only. I hate Ron Martin with a vengeance.

Barrow and Grimsby both winning is less than ideal. It’s time for MM and the team to perform now though. The manager has been backed, it’s time to start getting results. Anything less just won’t do in our situation.
I'd sack him if we dont get anything tomora

I hate to say this but can see Barrow going on winning run now. If we lose tomorrow, we are in deep ****! Not even sure draw would be a great result due to the number of games we would of played compared to are relegation counterparts.

No. But the false position of being 3rd from bottom made it look better than it is. We cannot score and between now and end of season we will not win enough games. Too much hype around Holmes and Ranger. I really hope I am proved wrong but I can’t see it. I am absolutely gutted. Blame lays at one mans feet only. I hate Ron Martin with a vengeance.
Calm down we can still go above both barrow and grimsby with a win tomora! Forest green dont have ricky holmes in there team.just hope mm actually starts him

Both Barrow and Grimsby have sacked their managers and have probably been given a rocket up their arse.. whereas we waltz merrily along with the manager saying week after week we will get it right, it will get better, we have goals in us to survive. Players not worried, thinking we won’t get relegated..

I’m worried

This is Barrow's 3rd manager this season. Jolley was terrible for them. So not like it worked first time

Bizarrely it might motivate us into giving the sort of performance tomorrow night that we have been crying out for.
Going after them from the start and putting them on the back foot.
Fannying around playing for a 0-0 and hoping to catch them on the break would be a recipe for disaster.
MM has essentially got his players now. The next few games could be crucial for both Southend's and his future. So much is down to him. I think we will soon know whether he is up to the task.

We still have to play Crawley at home and Oldham away and need to match the two results tonight otherwise we’re struggling even more.

Anyone is better then the hapless Molesley! The guy hasnt got a clue what his best team is!!

So you’re not going to answer the question then? This isn’t over yet. A win tomorrow and we’re out of the relegation zone again.

Back