• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The relegation mini-league

Needed a win today. A draw would have not really been good enough. But we end up as the only one of the bottom five to not get a point. Carlisle were good but they are no better than Bolton, Salford or Newport yet our relegation rivals managed to get points off them yesterday. Failure to win at Morecambe on Tuesday (which we have never managed in the league) and we will be too far adrift I fear. Oh well............time to drink the hemlock.....

you need 2 things to happen;-
1) us to beat Colchester on Monday - then your fate is in your own hands
2) practice penalties - but don't let Akinola ever take one again.....

we have just won 5 out of 7 after winning only 1 in the previous 7.
we were below you before the last 7 games.

IF you win 5 of 7 you stay up.
IF you win 4 of 7 you probably stay up if you and us beat Colchester.
IF you win 3 in 7 you probably need Walsall to draw or beat Colchester.....

yep it isn't pretty at present, but stranger things have happened,
some of your older fans might remember our final season in our last spell in the football league in 1971/72. we were in the bottom 2 and had 3 games coming up against table topping Southend (at Home), Colchester (unbeaten at home in 15 months) and Newport County (Home) - we ended up winning all 3 games. We ended up 4th bottom - still got voted out - but you only have to worry about the bottom 2 now......

It all depends whether your team are Mice or Men - if they're Mice your down, but if enough are Men then you have a fighting chance

some of your older fans might remember our final season in our last spell in the football league in 1971/72. we were in the bottom 2 and had 3 games coming up against table topping Southend (at Home), Colchester (unbeaten at home in 15 months) and Newport County (Home) - we ended up winning all 3 games. We ended up 4th bottom - still got voted out - but you only have to worry about the bottom 2 now......

It all depends whether your team are Mice or Men - if they're Mice your down, but if enough are Men then you have a fighting chance
Dispute your point 1. Even if you beat Colchester our fate is still not in our own hands. Grimsby (who people seem to choose to ignore in this relegation mini-league) are two points behind us with a game in hand.

I think you will lose against us tomorrow chipmunx but hey you never know these days. I was at that game in 1972, your goal was scored by John Rowlands RIP.

Mighty Col U fan in peace here........Sorry lads but Fishies and Shrimps are now nailed on to go down. Watched yesterdays game and thought you were very poor. And, heck, that was SOME penalty!! What a miss at such an important score line, has he ever taken a penalty before? Now we have a decent manager (sorry advisor) in charge we will pull a string of results together. The only worry for us is the game against you. Depends on who wants it most on the day.

Mighty Col U fan in peace here........Sorry lads but Fishies and Shrimps are now nailed on to go down. Watched yesterdays game and thought you were very poor. And, heck, that was SOME penalty!! What a miss at such an important score line, has he ever taken a penalty before? Now we have a decent manager (sorry advisor) in charge we will pull a string of results together. The only worry for us is the game against you. Depends on who wants it most on the day.
We are a state at the moment yes and will most likely go down yes but we will always be a much bigger club than you what ever Lge both teams are in
thanks for that now **** off!!

Following Saturday's debacle it hardly seems worth bothering now, but today has some important games for us:

Sheepy Folk v Barrow (how important that fixture seemed to be a few days ago....)
Grimsby v Cheltenham
The O's v Walsall
Exeter v Mansfield

I predict a draw at Colchester, a win for Grimsby, defeats for Walsall and Mansfield. We shall see...

Following Saturday's debacle it hardly seems worth bothering now, but today has some important games for us:

Sheepy Folk v Barrow (how important that fixture seemed to be a few days ago....)
Grimsby v Cheltenham
The O's v Walsall
Exeter v Mansfield

I predict a draw at Colchester, a win for Grimsby, defeats for Walsall and Mansfield. We shall see...

I can confidently confirm that, yet again, we will not score today.

Grimsby v Cheltenham
The O's v Walsall
Exeter v Mansfield

Mansfield aren't in any relegation bother

Grimsby v Cheltenham
The O's v Walsall
Exeter v Mansfield

I wish u would do my lotto for me ,it must b wonderful to c into the future ????

Back