• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The relegation mini-league

I read non league papers every Sunday, so I am well prepared for non league football, we must embrace it and hope the club do and recover quickly, rather than do a Wrexham and stay there for 14 years!

Yeah and most of them are draws. We know all to well ourselves that draws at this stage aren’t good enough.

Just checked and their ‘impressive’ 7 unbeaten run consists of 1 win and 6 draws. Not really good enough when your 7 points off safety is it?
Last 6 games form table. I would say change of manager has 100% worked for them this time.

B2C110E1-F3D6-44EC-9886-DE7277003DA7.jpeg

Grimsby changed their manager on 30th December. If it takes 3 months for their "new manager bounce" to happen then at least we will be ready for pre-season.

Before today, their new manager had managed two wins from 17 games, with only Walsall and Col U doing worse than them in that period.

Last 6 games form table. I would say change of manager has 100% worked for them this time.

View attachment 15082
But they haven’t won 2 games in the last 6 so your table is wrong? Go and check their results.

The idea that Grimsby have turned it around and are any better than us is nonsense. We’re both as **** and incapable of winning games as one another.

Oh look, Grimsby change manager and find a journeyman striker and they start climbing...we stuck with Coco thr clown and the biggest staffing team in lower league history and punted Simpson out the door....well done Ron....well done

"Start climbing"

They've been 24th the whole time and won 1 in their last 10. We have more points in our last 10 than them.

Grimsby get a creditable draw against second placed Cheltenham. The Mariners are just one point behind us now.

Back