• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The relegation mini-league

The only team I can see sufc catching is colchester. I don't care how sufc play tomorrow aslong as its 3 points.

I'd be delighted to have a player of Theos quality upfront in our current set up! Hell I'd Take Barrington Belgrave, Neville Roache, Blair Sturrock, Neil Tolson or anyone over what we have now ???

I can certainly see why you have picked up so many late points. After your 88th minute equaliser I fully expected Barrow to see out the game, taking no risks and very glad of getting one point. Instead, you played like a team hell-bent on getting a winner. No chance of Barrow getting relegated IMO.
we basically try to still be in the game after 70 mins then try and win (or at least draw);-
last 8 games;-

Mansfield (H) W 2-0 70 mins score 0-0
Walsall (A) W 1-0 70 mins score 0-0, 87th min winner
Cheltenham (A) W 2-0 due to comedy defending
Crawley (H) W3-2, were 2-1 up at 70 mins, 92nd min winner
Grimsby (H) L 0-1 but 0-0 at 70 mins
Stevenage (A) L 1-2 0-1 at 70 mins then equalised (then gave away dubious 85th min pen)
Newport (H) W 2-1 1-1 at 70 mins, 85th min winner.
Today D 1-1 0-1 at 70 mins 88th min equaliser.

also that was our 1st draw in 17 games....
winning 1 and losing 1 gets you 3 points. drawing 2 gets you 2 points....

All these teams are only in the mix if we win, so come fellas roll your sleeves up and do it! If not for MM or RM, then for us your adoring public!

Thank you Barrow for offering us yet another 'get out of jail card' all of which we have so far spurned. The same will no doubt happen tomorrow. Of all the sides you would want to meet in yet another 'must win' game......................it wouldn't be bloody Morecambe.
I'm afraid I've lost my faith and indeed I think the only small chance we have, is if there is a handy faith healer around Roots Hall, to cure Olayinka's groin problem.

can anyone seriously see us suddenly winning 4 games out of nowhere, suddenly start banging in goals with the same tactics and out of the blue look like winning every game rather then defending a 0-0 for 90 minutes praying for a dodgy deflected free kick, open goal or a penalty we have a small chance of scoring?. Not a chance, I stick by what o say which is if we get 4 goals I’d be surprised let alone 4 wins!.

the worst of it was, once we equalised there was no attacking at all from you - it's like you were happy taking a point rather than risking getting none by attacking and getting caught.

How surreal is this, Barrow and Col Ewe fans discussing their game on our forum?
Does this happen on other forums?

Not that I'm against it, just seems funny

Morecambe are right back in playoffs if they win tomorrow,they will be right up for it especially seeing the other results around the playoff places.

Do you have trouble with tables ? They're in the play-off places already and stay there if they lose. If they win they move into automatics.

I'd be delighted to have a player of Theos quality upfront in our current set up! Hell I'd Take Barrington Belgrave, Neville Roache, Blair Sturrock, Neil Tolson or anyone over what we have now ???
Belgrave did a job for me in Championship Manager 01/02 until I could afford Johnny Allan and Cherno Samba.

the worst of it was, once we equalised there was no attacking at all from you - it's like you were happy taking a point rather than risking getting none by attacking and getting caught.

We should have taken our chances earlier mate, in the end your attacking intentions won you a point and we paid a heavy price for being too defensive with our subs.

Do you have trouble with tables ? They're in the play-off places already and stay there if they lose. If they win they move into automatics.
Sorry I meant back in the automatic 3rd place if they take three points.I think it’s got a draw written all over it.

a win for Morecambe puts them in the automatic promotion places.
I would just love to wipe the smirk off Derek Adams face, one of the most smug loathsome managers in the game.

Possibly so, but give credit where it's due. Before this season they were fighting relegation nigh on every year, & had several 'last game escapes'?.
Not bad for a club, who before Covid reared it's head, probably averaged under 2,000 per home game?.

Back