• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The relegation mini-league

Apart from Colchester nobody is plummeting, and even they've got two draws out of the last five.
I know it's stating the bleedin' obvious, but we're really going to have to go on a run of form that sees us win three out of the next six, and maybe a draw thrown in as well.
When Grimsby and Barrow win late on, and your mostly reliable keeper suddenly plays like he's in Yr 10, you know it's not your season.
Oh, well, we once beat Kings Lynn, 9-0. Bet we won't again.

We can only hope we get our scoring boots on as barrow and Grimsby already are ok in that department
Only other team is colu who are not scoring.
Come may Essex might not have a professional football club

Calm down we can still go above both barrow and grimsby with a win tomora! Forest green dont have ricky holmes in there team.just hope mm actually starts him
Time to stop the talking and do it on the field. Too much talk and not enough on the pitch
Calm down we can still go above both barrow and grimsby with a win tomora! Forest green dont have ricky holmes in there team.just hope mm actually starts him
going above them is a false position. They still have 2 games more to play. Not convinced about Holmes or ranger. Time to stop talking a win.

I think colchester and barrow games will decide if we win both they both go down i reckon

I think getting relegated today is very a negative way of thinking ?
Sadly, positive thought won't stick the ball in the net: decent footballers might.
I want us to stay up; the shame of becoming a non-league club is causing sleepless nights, but what hope can you offer we've not yet seen?

Both Barrow and Grimsby have sacked their managers and have probably been given a rocket up their arse.. whereas we waltz merrily along with the manager saying week after week we will get it right, it will get better, we have goals in us to survive. Players not worried, thinking we won’t get relegated..

I’m worried
Since Paul Hurst took over at Grimsby they have lost 5, drawn 1, and won 1 (tonight). Sounds like a really effective rocket up the arse that...

We cant expect other teams to get us out of the situation we are in.Its down to us.Not expecting anything from tomorrow's game as FGR need a result to send them top.They will be going hamper and tongs against us opportunity will arise for us which we must take

Colchester probably need about 10 points to stay up we need 20. It's going to take some effort to achieve that.

The bottom 5 are there for a reason cant see many wins from any of them so its going to the wire

Sadly, positive thought won't stick the ball in the net: decent footballers might.
I want us to stay up; the shame of becoming a non-league club is causing sleepless nights, but what hope can you offer we've not yet seen?

I was trying be humerous about happydays post with a typo.

You are right though, being positive won't get us scoring

Yes it has been a bad night for us, but lets be positive, we should have got a point Saturday and that shows against mid table teams we are in the game. We just need to score, i have a feeling it will start happening, i think maybe players will now be back quicker than perhaps the management and we expected as needs must

Back