• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who are the relevant people?

• Total voters
Good question. The fans as they keep Clobs afloat. You'd have to say the Board a close second as their financial input would be also crucial. But fans for me. Also Boards come and go, Fans stay forever.

Good question. The fans as they keep Clobs afloat. You'd have to say the Board a close second as their financial input would be also crucial. But fans for me. Also Boards come and go, Fans stay forever.

If fans stay forever how come our attendances have been much higher in the past ?

I hate it when my 'Clob' sinks.

Glory hunters macca. If we had made the play off final do you honestly think the extra two thousand or so would be genuine fans of the Club. The annoying thing is when those who only turn up for finals claim they're Blues fans and always have been but in truth they're not.

Glory hunters macca. If we had made the play off final do you honestly think the extra two thousand or so would be genuine fans of the Club. The annoying thing is when those who only turn up for finals claim they're Blues fans and always have been but in truth they're not.

You are contradicting yourself. In one post you say "Fans stay forever" and in the above quote you now say "they're Blues fans and always have been but in truth they're not".

Please make your mind up.

If one is a Blues fan they won't change to something else. Thats what I tried to say.

Maybe they're just football fans with a passing interest in their local team?

Really? What makes a 'real' fan, then? When we went to Cardiff I saw people who I'd gone to games with in the 70's. We were all older, we'd all moved around the country, married etc etc. These were people who'd kept the club afloat long before many of today's supporters were born. Anyone who spends their life waiting around for Southend to get to a final deserves some kind of award for patience.

Anyway, the poll...don't understand it. Is this a private joke? For what it's worth, I think the car park attendant behind the north bank knows things........

To put it clearer those who go to watch a final and never see them again to the next final.

There is a 'hard core' of die-hard fans and also a large number of interested, if not fanatic, supporters that still deserve the 'loyal' tag. Not even the most ardent of supporters can get to every game or indeed enjoy an infinity of fun times on this forum. Crowds will always swell with success and ebb on the tide of disappointment. That's life. Compared to many 'unfashionable' clubs we don't do too bad, especially when our numbers in the town are reduced by those that find the seduction of Premiership football too sexy to resist and subsequently sell their soul to watch W*!t H*m. GGrrrrr!!! Just watch the crowds soar as we climb to the highest echelon and tempt back those poor deluded wretches from the clutches of the Boleyn.

Back