• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just out of interest, how do you go about getting a trial. A lad I know from Oz is coming over in the summer to try and find a club. He plays for central coast marriners and played in all the u19 championship games in columbia for australia this summer. I'd love to persuade him to come and have a trial here, he's a good player.

On trial at Burnley only a month ago. Seems to far of a step down.

Also:

"He was though denied a debut because of health problems."

Anything to do with it?

Yeah, they were sick of him

Can understand a quick forward but (whilst his experience would no doubt prove useful) why would we need another centre-back when we already have Mohsni and Prosser who can't get in the team?

Maybe cos he's better than them? Anyone who might improve the squad must surely be worth a look. I'm not suggesting he is or he isnt better than what we have, but it can't hurt to have a peek. Even if we have 10 Centre-Backs, surely you wouldn't turn one away even if you thought he was better than the others?

Yeah, they were sick of him

Maybe cos he's better than them? Anyone who might improve the squad must surely be worth a look. I'm not suggesting he is or he isnt better than what we have, but it can't hurt to have a peek. Even if we have 10 Centre-Backs, surely you wouldn't turn one away even if you thought he was better than the others?

I can understand that maybe he might be better than Prosser at centre-half (Prosser seems resigned to being a 2nd-choice LB these days) but do we seriously want another CB who may get in the way of Mohsni's development? Not to mention the issue of wages, you say if we had 10 centre-backs another is worth a look if he's decent but you're forgetting the wage issue here. As I understand it we're near the very top of our wage budget anyway so I'd much rather if anyone is to be brought in that it be a player with attributes we don't currently have (ie. a pacey forward and not another CB). I highly doubt a player of Timar's age and experience will want to play for peanuts.....

I can understand that maybe he might be better than Prosser at centre-half (Prosser seems resigned to being a 2nd-choice LB these days) but do we seriously want another CB who may get in the way of Mohsni's development? Not to mention the sissue of wages, you say if we had 10 centre-backs another is worth a look if he's decent but you're forgetting the wage issue here. As I understand it we're near the very top of our wage budget anyway so I'd much rather if anyone is to be brought in that it be a player with attributes we don't currently have (ie. a pacy forward and not another CB). I highly doubt a player of Timar's age and experience will want to play for peanuts.....

Yes - thats all fair comment. But still doesn't do any harm to look I guess. We might be struggling for numbers tonight?..but most probably doing the lad a favour and letting other folk look at him.
If he looks like the real deal though, and PS wants him I'm sure we can pull some strings - accidentally run Prosser and a couple of squad players over with the lawnmower and claim on the insurance. There's a way around everything.

Mohnsi could be off at any point soon too, if everything clicks and he turns into the player he appears capable of being, and if so we'd need a replacement.

Yes - thats all fair comment. But still doesn't do any harm to look I guess. We might be struggling for numbers tonight?..but most probably doing the lad a favour and letting other folk look at him.
If he looks like the real deal though, and PS wants him I'm sure we can pull some strings - accidentally run Prosser and a couple of squad players over with the lawnmower and claim on the insurance. There's a way around everything.

Mohnsi could be off at any point soon too, if everything clicks and he turns into the player he appears capable of being, and if so we'd need a replacement.

Fair enough. It is of course quite possible that PS is doing Timar a favour by giving him a platform to put himself in the shop window. After all he did play under Luggy at Plymouth.

Fair enough. It is of course quite possible that PS is doing Timar a favour by giving him a platform to put himself in the shop window. After all he did play under Luggy at Plymouth.

Indeed - I'd say thats probably most likely scenario in all honesty

Reserves 2-1 up at the moment, Stevens and Sturrock on target (Boli having a hand in both goals according to CP on Twitter).

Last one to play for Southend was the goalkeeper who played for Australia tonight which was Adam Federici.

Back