• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The return to work thread.

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
It looks like I am going to have to start hauling my *** into London from mid September however I will do what I can to work from home as much as possible.

Strangely the firm I am contracting for has decided to downgrade the dress code from office/smart casual to casual.

It looks like I am going to have to start hauling my *** into London from mid September however I will do what I can to work from home as much as possible.

Strangely the firm I am contracting for has decided to downgrade the dress code from office/smart casual to casual.

Interestingly,our younger daughter who works in Paris,started to work in the office again last week for up to 3 days a week (after WFH-or in various flats in Barna+houses in France in her case since the last lockdown).

Yesterday FWIW she was very smartlly dressed -she did have a meeting with her team leader and the big boss though.

we've been told we're back minimum 2 days a week from the start of September. Weird thing is, i've never been there. got made redundant from my last job in October, started this one in December. Never met anyone I work with. Don't think I've even ever been to the Borough it's in!

Out here in Spain, been back since June of last year and no working from home option.

Been hiring in the last few weeks (for roles for both Spanish and English candidates) and about two thirds ask if working from home is an option as their first question, and then say they’re not interested when the answer is no.

Working for an American company in HK is interesting. They’ve issued a global call to arms with a 1 Sep return to office completely oblivious of the impact of that decision in APAC given the East West divide on coping with Covid.

Sydney has been on lockdown for almost a month. Tokyo is struggling with numbers and a lack of vaccines and cases are up in Korea. As for Singapore and HK it literally only needs a handful of cases for either country to go into knee jerk measures. I can’t even begin to outline the ridiculousness of some of the measures, testing and compulsory government quarantine. You just wouldn’t believe it if I told you.

I’ve been to the office 3 times in 2021 and with one of those I was then hit with a compulsory testing notice because there was one asymptomatic case. Had anyone else tested positive I’d have been carted off for 21 days to a place where prison food is better, zero exercise permitted and weak WiFi.

those extreme measure effectively happen daily and for that reason only I’m staying away. Luckily regional senior management are sticking two fingers up to mother ship.

I would actually prefer to be back. My work life in comparison to two years ago typically sees me in bed by 9pm on a Friday worn out. As hard as I push back something else pops up though I flatly refuse anything beyond 5 my time on a Friday.

Our company invests hundreds of thousands in diversity and inclusion (to the extent that it actually becomes nauseating) and pays lip service to the mental and physical well being of staff out here.

I have people in my wider regional team off with stress (and these are workers not shirkers) and with issues such as back problems due to bad posture.

Having not been in the office since Feb 2020, my company has said that they will be looking for a gradual return from 9 August. No idea what gradual return means.

Guess I'll be looking for a flexible working agreement at some point as I have no interest in returning to the office full time.

Apart from 3 months furlough at the start and a 20 day isolation ping, I've been in our office throughout. Wouldn't be without my work family, love the office banter.

We started bringing everyone back this week. We've opted for 2 days a week in the office as the new normal. Got 18 months left on our lease, we'll then downsize to an office half the size.

I changed jobs in Jan to join a massively expanding company in a brand new facility.

We've been told that we will be moving to a hybrid working model, partially because the new factory is too small for all the new people that have joined since lockdown begun.

Given that I'm a project engineer I spend about 30-40% of my time in the field I get a feeling I'll be hotdesking when I need to go in for the foreseeable

Back