• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

View attachment 4246

https://www.mixcloud.com/rob-spoone...iety-03916-elusive-butterflies-in-the-studio/

This week’s ‘Saturday Night Noxious Society’, broadcast live with all the Nox-ups via Penwith Radio, featured several tracks from The Kursaal Flyers and Eddie & The Hot Rods in advance of their erstwhile lead guitarist and hit singer-songwriter, Graeme Douglas, coming to West Cornwall to play some gigs with The Hot Flyers.

Tracklist

1. Intro Mark Wynn
2. Elusive Butterfly Bob Lind
3. Little Does She Know The Kursaal Flyers
4. Do Anything You Wanna Do The Rods
5. All Or Nothing The Small Faces
6. Children Of The Revolution T. Rex
7. (If You Think You’re) Groovy P.P. Arnold
8. Billericay Dickie Ian Dury & The Blockheads
9. Quit This Town Eddie & The Hot Rods
10. (If You Would Only Talk To Me Like You) Talk To The Dog The Kursaal Flyers
11. Dogs The Who
12. Everyone Says Hi David Bowie
13. First & Last Phil Burdett
14. Rochford Boys Graeme Douglas
15. Pre-Madonna The Kursaal Flyers
16. I Might Be Lying Eddie & The Hot Rods
17. Judgement Day Devil’s Creek
18. Let Me Down Ben Thorpe
19. Followed By Your Shadow Darren Roberts
20. Lola Rastaqouere Serge Gainsbourg
21. A Former Tour De Force Is Forced To Tour The Kursaal Flyers

Good show.:thumbsup:

I saw me, myself and I and thought it was a thread all about Barna, but then I realised every thread is all about Barna anyway :smile:

I saw me, myself and I and thought it was a thread all about Barna, but then I realised every thread is all about Barna anyway :smile:
This thread was set up following Tone Berrichonne's comments on the 'What Are You Listening To Now?' thread when I was putting up these Noxcasts of radio shows I'd been involved in. I of course have no control over who wishes to contribute to the thread but I welcome positive comments celebrating me, myself and our good works for the listening community.

This thread was set up following Tone Berrichonne's comments on the 'What Are You Listening To Now?' thread when I was putting up these Noxcasts of radio shows I'd been involved in. I of course have no control over who wishes to contribute to the thread but I welcome positive comments celebrating me, myself and our good works for the listening community.

How many listeners are you up to now?

How many listeners are you up to now?

I'm looking at 29, including people's pets, Tone.

I'm hoping that it will be 30 this week though as I've got a French special for you! Pierre Cardigain, Cultural Ambassador for La Doque, is coming in from 'Le Midi' region of Kernow and we'll be playing some French punk rock. He'll also be teaching me how to speak French - he told me that I have to jut my jaw out. Here's a pic of Pierre > Pierre Cardigain.jpg

Showtime is just after 6 this Saturday > http://penwithradio.co.uk/shows/noxious/

https://www.mixcloud.com/rob-spooner/saturday-night-noxious-society-10916-french-style/

On this week’s ‘Saturday Night Noxious Society’, we welcomed Monsieur Pierre Cardigain, Cultural Ambassador of La Doque, from ‘Le Midi’ region of Cornwall, to the Penwith Radio studios. Pierre was in enchanting form and informed us of an innovative music project that he is currently working on as well as joyous news from France concerning the recent marriage of Gerard Depardieu.

‘Le Groove-Meister’, Monsieur Ralph Randell, also appeared on the show and we played some tracks with a Gallic tinge, as well as some without, by artists such as:- T. Rex, Jonathan Richman, Mott The Hoople, Les Negresses Vertes, Slade, Wreckless Eric, Le Souris Deglinguee, Buzzcocks, The Fall, Chairmen Of The Board, Plastic Bertrand, Otis Redding, Dexy’s and Small Town Doggers as well as a reminder of Pierre's youth in France from Genesis.

Particular thanks to Pierre’s dog, Charlie Chien, for granting Pierre leave from his duties at Chateau La Doque and to this show’s patron, Monsieur Peter Truzskowski.

Feelgoods special this Saturday as it's the 40th anniversary of the release of 'Stupidity'.

[video=youtube;vV0yYcN9QnE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV0yYcN9QnE[/video]

Last edited:
This Is Pop.jpg

This Is Pop! > https://www.mixcloud.com/rob-spooner/saturday-night-noxious-society-011016-this-is-pop/

Greetings, groovers! And on this Noxcast, originally broadcast via the good offices of Penwith Radio, me and the fellas – Ralph Randell (a.k.a. ‘The Groove-Meister’) and Flash Boredom (a.k.a. ‘Flash Boredom’) – celebrated some good old-fashioned pop music, worth raiding the phone box at home for.

It was also Rob Davis’ birthday so in honour of Mud’s erstwhile guitarist, we played a few of their super pop hits.

And on our Cornish-based bands slot, we welcomed Crows-An-Wra to ‘Saturday Night Noxious Society’ – and what a vibrant debut it was!

Track-list

XTC – This Is Pop
M – Pop Muzik
Nick Lowe – Marie Provost
David Bowie – John, I’m Only Dancing
Mud – Tiger Feet
The Fall – Hey Student!
Georgie Fame & The Blue Flames – Yeh Yeh
The Four Tops – I Can’t Help Myself
Tommy Steele & The Steelmen – Rock With The Caveman
Slade – Coz I Luv You
The Sweet – Wig-Wam Bam
Our birthday boy and band – Rocket
The Pretty Things – Rosalyn
The Yardbirds – Good Morning Little Schoolgirl
Jonathan Richman & The Modern Lovers – Give Paris One More Chance
Lloyd Cole & The Commotions – Rich
T. Rex – The Groover
Cornershop – Brimful Of Asha
Our featured band – Show Me You’re A Woman
Tom Robinson Band – Up Against The Wall
Crows-An-Wra – Vibrant Colours
Glen Campbell – Galveston
Rob Davis & friends - Dynamite

Last edited:
View attachment 4306

This Is Pop! > https://www.mixcloud.com/rob-spooner/saturday-night-noxious-society-011016-this-is-pop/

[FONT="]Greetings, groovers! And on this Noxcast, originally broadcast via the good offices of Penwith Radio, me and the fellas – Ralph Randell (a.k.a. ‘The Groove-Meister’) and Flash Boredom (a.k.a. ‘Flash Boredom’) – celebrated some good old-fashioned pop music, worth raiding the phone box at home for.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][FONT="]It was also Rob Davis’ birthday so in honour of Mud’s erstwhile guitarist, we played a few of their super pop hits.[/FONT]

[FONT="]And on our Cornish-based bands slot, we welcomed Crows-An-Wra to ‘Saturday Night Noxious Society’ – and what a vibrant debut it was![/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][FONT="]Rob Noxious, 02.10.16.

Track-list

XTC – This Is Pop
M – Pop Muzik
Nick Lowe – Marie Provost
David Bowie – John, I’m Only Dancing
Mud – Tiger Feet
Tommy Steele & The Steelmen – Rock With The Caveman
Slade – Coz I Luv You
The Sweet – Wig-Wam Bam
Our birthday boy and band – Rocket
The Pretty Things – Rosalyn
The Yardbirds – Good Morning Little Schoolgirl
Jonathan Richman & The Modern Lovers – Give Paris One More Chance
Lloyd Cole & The Commotions – Rich
T. Rex – The Groover
Cornershop – Brimful Of Asha
Our featured band – Show Me You’re A Woman
Crows-An-Wra – Vibrant Colours
Glen Campbell – Galveston
Rob Davis & friends - Dynamite
[/FONT]

Up Against The Wall, indeed.Thanks.:thumbsup:

Which reminds me :What did the Marxist intellectual say as he was about to commit suicide?

Don't shoot comrades.

Boom,boom.

boredom.jpg

Greetings, groovers! It is my great pleasure to introduce you to the first part of ‘The Boredom Chronicles’. My special guest, Flash Boredom, punk rocked into the Penwith Radio Studios to talk about his days at the epicentre of the punk rock revolution – and what a show it was! Join Flash on this wonderful journey which took him all the way from Basildon* to great gigs at The Vortex, Max’s Kansas City, CBGB’s and The Stone Pony. Ladies and gentlemen of The Noxiscenti, I give you Flash Boredom: The Man Who Was There.

But sadly, the recording of the show seems to have cut out about a third of the way through just when Flash went all the way to Bannockburn to see The Rezillos and discovered that they’d pulled out of the gig.

*Flash took Alison Moyet to her first Blues game. Story is just before The Vicars track noted below.

Track-list:-

The Damned – Neat Neat Neat
Buzzcocks – Boredom
The Clash – London’s Burning (at Victoria Park, Hackney, 30.4.78)
Johnny Thunders & The Heartbreakers – Chinese Rocks
Richard Hell & The Voidoids – Blank Generation
New York Dolls – Subway Train
The Ramones – I Don’t Wanna Walk Around With You (at The Rainbow, 31.12.77)
The Rezillos – (My Baby Does) Good Sculptures
The Vicars – I’m Going Mad

Downswing.jpg

https://www.mixcloud.com/rob-spooner/saturday-night-noxious-society-151016-harmony-in-my-head/

The magnificent Darren Roberts was our special guest on Saturday Night Noxious Society, live on Penwith Radio – and not only did we play great tracks from Darren’s albums ‘Downswing’ and ‘Senescence’, we also played tracks from his band Blank Panda’s EP, ‘Volume 1’. Darren was joined on the show by our regular Noxious cohorts, Flash Boredom and The Groove-Meister (a.k.a. Ralph Randell) in what proved to be a thoroughly joyous broadcasting experience.

Darren also told us about his work with Mount’s Bay Music Academy which has included the production of fine emergent talent including Emma and her track ‘If Only’ and our featured West Cornwall band, The Cold Six Hundred, with the title track of their debut EP, ‘Hazard Lights’.

We think it was the anniversary of Led Zeppelin assuming their name back in October 1968 which was a nice excuse to play a few tracks from the band previously known as ‘The New Yardbirds’ - and do you know just who it was who came up with that name?

Also a mention for The Blues after the huge relief of 3 points just a short time before the show.

Buzzcocks – Harmony In My Head
Darren Roberts – Interrupted Flow
Bob Dylan – I Threw It All Away
The Smiths – Half A Person
Darren Roberts – When I Go, Take Me Quickly
Led Zeppelin – Babe, I’m Gonna Leave You
Blank Panda – Nobody’s Fault But Yours
X Ray Spex – Warrior In Woolworth
Led Zeppelin – Whole Lotta Love (live, 1975)
Darren Roberts – Downswing
Emma – If Only
Bouncing Souls – The Something Special
Barry McGuire – Eve Of Destruction
Led Zeppelin – Houses Of The Holy
The Who – Bell Boy
Mull Historical Society – This Is Not Who We Were
The Cold Six Hundred – Hazard Lights
Status Quo – Down Down
Blank Panda – Darkness Inside

Ready Steady Boredom >

[video]https://www.mixcloud.com/rob-spooner/saturday-night-noxious-society-221016-ready-steady-boredom/[/video]

[FONT=&quot]On this week’s temporarily missing ‘Saturday Night Noxious Society’, we found Flash Boredom in fine form following Southend United’s great away win at MK Dons. We were also joined by ‘The Groove-Meister’ for a bit – the last time we were all in the studio together for possibly some time - before he went off to a soul music night. It’s an eclectic kind of show, with reference to great covers and originals as a result of Bobby Fuller’s birthday, but we know that you’d expect nothing less. Keep it Noxious!

[/FONT]
Generation X – Ready Steady Go
Bobby Fuller Four – I Fought The Law
Bob Dylan – A Hard Rain’s A Gonna Fall
Olivia Newton John – If Not For You
10cc – I’m Mandy, Fly Me
Lloyd Cole – Today I’m Not So Sure
Big Mama Thornton – Hound Dog
Chris Clark – From Head To Toe
10cc – Rubber Bullets
Mink De Ville – Spanish Stroll
The Shadows Of Night – Oh Yeah
Van McCoy – The Hustle
Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band – Blinded By The Light
Mickey Jupp – Down At The Doctors
Be Bop Deluxe – Crying The Sky
The Strokes - Someday
Ben Thorpe – The Show
The Surgeons – Miserable Men In Primark
The Adverts – Gary Gilmore’s Eyes
Buzzcocks – I Believe In

Greetings, groovers! On a historic day, history was made in West Cornwall with the launch of Coast FM from the embers of Penwith Radio. And ‘Saturday Night Noxious Society’ was there to celebrate it with a few incendiary hot platters and a smattering of birthday celebrations too – with nods to Ike Turner, Gram Parsons and Peter Noone – as well as selections from ‘The Boredom Box’, Flash Boredom’s magical treasure trove of assorted delights. Join us one more time with our welcome to the exciting new sound of Coast FM – the future is unwritten!

aRTHUR hELLFIRE.jpg

https://www.mixcloud.com/rob-spooner/saturday-night-noxious-society-051116-welcome-to-the-exciting-new-sound-of-coast-fm/

The Move – Fire Brigade
The Clash – Spanish Bombs
Bruce Springsteen – Born To Run
Gram Parsons – Return Of The Grievous Angel
The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown – Fire
Free – Fire And Water
Slade – How Does It Feel
The Four Tops – Bernadette
Doll By Doll – More Than Human
Buzzcocks – Whatever Happened To?
Ike & Tina Turner – Nutbush City Limits
Deep Purple – Burn
Garland Jeffreys – Miami Beach
Linton Kwesi Johnson – Di Great Insohreckshan
Herman’s Hermits – I’m Into Something Good
David Bowie – Oh You Pretty Things
Phil Burdett – First & Last
Warren Zevon – Excitable Boy
British Sea Power – Carrion
Hawkwind – Spirit Of The Age
Devil’s Creek – Fire And Rain
Be Bop Deluxe – Maid In Heaven
Bay City Rollers – Bye Bye Baby

Broadcasting ebullience following our great win at Bury.

https://www.mixcloud.com/rob-spoone...ous-society-121116-introducing-the-riot-club/

Greetings, groovers! And what a triple treat I had on my birthday show! Not only did His Omniscience, Flash Boredom, light up the Coast FM Studio but we were also joined by two founder members of The Riot Club, Dr. Pete Kliskey (Head Surgeon) and Professor Martin E. Madron (from The Institute of Fall Studies). It was a great moment in broadcasting. But don’t take my word for it, have a listen for yourself.

Featuring tracks from ‘Give ‘Em Enough Rope’ by The Clash (just over 38 years since its release), plus Dexy’s from 1981, 35 years since their ‘Projected Passion Revue’ at The Old Vic and lots of music-related reminiscences on this great day in history.

Crank it up, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

Track-list

The Clash – Tommy Gun
Sex Pistols – Holidays In The Sun
Rainbow – Since You Been Gone
Ramones – Don’t Come Close
The Only Ones – Another Girl, Another Planet
Dexy’s Midnight Runners – Respect
Thin Lizzy – Rosalie/Cowgirl’s Song
The Adverts – One Chord Wonders
TV Smith – Not In My Name
The Surgeons – Wish I Was Young
Subway Sect feat. Vic Godard – Ambition
The Graham Bond Organisation – Hi Heel Sneakers
The Clash – Stay Free
Alternative TV – Love Lies Limp
Slade – Coz I Luv You
Dexy’s Midnight Runners – Show Me
Choking Victim – 500 Channels
Jenny Bishop – In Your Eyes
The Fall - The Man Whose Head Expanded
The Restarts – Outsider
The Ruts – Society
Leonard Cohen – I’m Your Man

Greetings, groovers! This show, broadcast live on Coast FM, featured some fine records from Flash Boredom’s incredible collection. Our key focus was the era between 1978 to 1981 when a great diversity of new groups sprang up at a time when a genre called ‘power pop’ was coined in the music press and then categorised as ‘post-punk’ subsequently. Whatever the label and whether they really apply, here’s hoping that you might enjoy some music from a golden age.

https://www.mixcloud.com/rob-spooner/saturday-night-noxious-society-031216-the-flash-boredom-power-pop-post-punk-special/

Rich Kids.jpg

Track-list:

The Flamin’ Groovies – Shake Some Action
The Flys – Name Dropping
Rich Kids – Ghosts Of Princes In Towers
Physicals – Be Like Me
Leyton Buzzards – No Dry Ice Or Flying Pigs
The Vice Creems – Won’t You Be My Girl
Penetration – Life’s A Gamble
Private Dicks – She Said To Me
The Flying Lizards – Money
The VIP’s – Boys Of The City