• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Roots Hall pitch

This video is currently up on the offical site. Looks like we will have a pitch ideal for a Phil Brown team.

At the same time yesterday that the video has on it I was at the cemetery in Hall Road with the Mrs tidying up her dads grave.

Whilst she was beavering away i was having a long overdue chat with the resident of the plot next to him and wondering what he would make of our current all time low and if Roots Hall would pass another health and safety check.

That chat was with one Sidney Broomfield.

First home friendly is Fri 23 July - is one month enough for the new pitch to bed in? Can't imagine the grass roots will be fully formed by then.

Anyone know what type of grass seed they use to seed the pitch. My lawn is a mixture of clover, moss and meadow grass and when I get round to sorting it out would like some decent grass

Anyone know what type of grass seed they use to seed the pitch. My lawn is a mixture of clover, moss and meadow grass and when I get round to sorting it out would like some decent grass
Professional pitches and other grass surfaces are the way they are due to, largely, use of fertiliser, feed, treatments, airiating and watering on top of a formulated soil base. Usually a mix of many grass seed types are used.
Correct mowing helps.
I understand your post as I spend too much time on trying to make my grass into a lawn.

Professional pitches and other grass surfaces are the way they are due to, largely, use of fertiliser, feed, treatments, airiating and watering on top of a formulated soil base. Usually a mix of many grass seed types are used.
Correct mowing helps.
I understand your post as I spend too much time on trying to make my grass into a lawn.

When we moved into this house the garden was beautiful. We had very mature bushes all the way along the back and a perfect lawn. Role on 15 years, and 2 boys playing football and cricket and the lawn is pretty bare in places. and we took out all the bushes to make the pitch bigger. We now have a very plain patchy garden. Roots Hall it certainly isn't.

I'd hate to think what the previous owners would think!

When we moved into this house the garden was beautiful. We had very mature bushes all the way along the back and a perfect lawn. Role on 15 years, and 2 boys playing football and cricket and the lawn is pretty bare in places. and we took out all the bushes to make the pitch bigger. We now have a very plain patchy garden. Roots Hall it certainly isn't.

Get a dog! See the yellow patches grow.

Reactions: JD

That's what back gardens are for. They are there to be used and enjoyed. Give me a well used garden over a formal "Hampton Court".

A couple of years ago we went away for a long weekend to Iken in Suffolk, We were walking along a footpath to Snape when we came across a field that was an immaculate grass area. It was so immaculate I literally stopped and stared at this field and wondered what it was for - a local couple passing saw me and informed me that it was Ipswich Town's new/spare pitch being grown before the turf would be taken up and taken to Portman Road. No idea how true that was but sounded very plausible.

Get a dog! See the yellow patches grow.
Alas my dogs wee is far to strong and completely kills the grass wherever he goes We have to go to watch him and then water the grass immediately which is obviously a pain. That piece then grows brilliantly- far better than using commercial feeds

If only I get him to pee in a bucket and then water it down and water the grass with it ?

Ps - max is a boy, people assume this only happens with bitches

Back