• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Roots Hall pitch

Dunno! but if they're not getting paid, i'd be surprised if any are there come the new season
Don't worry, they're used to it. I've said a few times that some fans don't quite get how much money troubles we have behind the scenes. Staff get paid in the end, but it's happened quite a few times the last 10 seasons or so. It's just with the way everyone's been hit with the cost of living crisis, this would be the worst time not to be paid.

How many groundstaff do we have full time at the club? I'm assuming just the one with others being part time during the season.

Tbh it's not something I've spent much time considering so I'm just trying to understand how many people are involved with looking after the playing surface for a non-league side
There are at least 3/4 full time members of staff

It's just with the way everyone's been hit with the cost of living crisis, this would be the worst time not to be paid.
I agree, but is there ever a best time not to be paid for the work you do, though ? This club is such a shambles. Shame considering all the hard work Stan, Kev and the team are putting into the playing side

I agree, but is there ever a best time not to be paid for the work you do, though ? This club is such a shambles. Shame considering all the hard work Stan, Kev and the team are putting into the playing side
1 positive I would say is atleast he paid the players..... don't want to be not paying players during the summer transfer window.

1 positive I would say is atleast he paid the players..... don't want to be not paying players during the summer transfer window.
Although a player on 50k a year might be able to get by a bit better for a few weeks with no pay than a groundsman on minimum wage.

Although a player on 50k a year might be able to get by a bit better for a few weeks with no pay than a groundsman on minimum wage.
Yes true. But if we aren't paying players through the summer months, that will have massive effect when it comes to recruitment. Our reputation isn't brilliant anyway without lowering it even further. Let's hope this problem is resolved sooner rather than later

Yes true. But if we aren't paying players through the summer months, that will have massive effect when it comes to recruitment. Our reputation isn't brilliant anyway without lowering it even further. Let's hope this problem is resolved sooner rather than later
But we are paying players through the summer months so far. Supporters can also help on the wages front by buying a season card if they can afford to via the Club's preferred channel.

It is important that we don't go and overstate the seriousness of current money problems . We are at no risk of the club folding whilst the financiers and backers of Ron remain confident that he can sell his property holdings ( worth a lot more with planning permission in place ) and so be in a position to repay their loans back in full . But there is a clear danger if something should happen which makes them lose this confidence - Ron being out of action for any reason is an example . It would be best for everyone concerned , especially the football club ,if the sale transaction could be sorted out before the pending court case involving HMRC - so within the next 6 months. In the end that is the only way our ongoing 20 year old debt woes get sorted . Once free of debt our future looks quite rosy .

Back