• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Roots Hall pitch.

I looked at the prices and that would have to be covered by players, it looks like the cheaper evening slots have all but gone. If you are looking at a weekend game the most favourable atm would be Sat 13th May or Sunday 6th May morning.

If you had two squads of say 15 players they would still have to cough up £40 each to cover the £1600 cost. Then you need match officials and balls.

That leaves just over a week to get 30 players signed up and that is only if the slots do not get taken in the meantime.

Hard task if you ask me but you are welcome to put a thread up about it.

yeah that was sort of my point - a lot of work in a short space of time

I looked at the prices and that would have to be covered by players, it looks like the cheaper evening slots have all but gone. If you are looking at a weekend game the most favourable atm would be Sat 13th May or Sunday 6th May morning.

If you had two squads of say 15 players they would still have to cough up £40 each to cover the £1600 cost. Then you need match officials and balls.

That leaves just over a week to get 30 players signed up and that is only if the slots do not get taken in the meantime.

Hard task if you ask me but you are welcome to put a thread up about it.

Thanks mate,

As you say a lot of work in a short space of time, not really got the spare time to organise anything myself so looks like well have to let it slide.

Ho hum

Could we get a Zone team together to participate in a game at Roots Hall?

Enough of us to get two squads and have a good laugh surely?
Just over 10yrs ago i participated in a Zone team for a laugh, ended up signing for them and finishing my career for SZ !

Do it !!

Boreham Wood was one of the best pitches we’ve played on, funded by Arsenal ladies apparently.
The worst pitch was Altrincham, one side looked like it had been ploughed 😂
All the 3G pitches need banning as we rarely get a win!

What about a game of British bulldog, say a couple hundred Zone members at a fiver a pop with no holds barred, winner takes all.🇬🇧
Believe we did something similar at Margate pre season when Rob Newman was Manager. I took Smudger out knee high and caused him some pain. Sorry fella!
Ended up at Romford Dogs later on and won a stash of cash. Good Times.

Back