• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Roots Hall pitch

Why?! It seemed great! The only thing I would do is make the corners better, so it's easier to take...er...corners! We get more at home than we concede.

Why?! It seemed great! The only thing I would do is make the corners better, so it's easier to take...er...corners! We get more at home than we concede.

I thought it was great too, especially after having walked on it. But I was in the car yesterday, and the gardening bit was on BBC Essex in the morning with Ken Crowther. I listen sometimes as when I'm feeling fit, I help old people with their garden etc etc, for free(the reward is in the helping). Anyway, on the gardening bit was a lady that was suffering some bad weeds on her lawn that were small leaf like, and everywhere like a blanket. Ken said that they were almost impossible to get rid of once on a lawn. He said....That's why professional football clubs lay a new pitch. So that's one possible answer.

Can I have some of the old Roots Hall turf for my lawn?

Ron is missing a trick here, I am sure the club could sell all the turf to supporters for their back and front gardens, how cool would that be to be able to play on the hollowed Roots Hall turf every day? :Thumbs up:

Can I have some of the old Roots Hall turf for my lawn?

Ron is missing a trick here, I am sure the club could sell all the turf to supporters for their back and front gardens, how cool would that be to be able to play on the hollowed Roots Hall turf every day? :Thumbs up:
My dog would love to be able to take a poo on the Roots Hall turf. Then I can look out of the window and it will be just like some of the crap I've seen on there over the years

Last edited:
My dog would love to be able to take a poo on the Roots Hall turf. Then I can look out of the window and it will be just like some of the crap I've seen on there over the years
My ????????

Unlike you to be lost for words Webby.:Smile2:

looks fine now if we could just get a team that can play as good as the pitch loooks we might do well

Back