• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Royle Family

Anybody see this last night? Very well done again I thought.

Still as funny as it used to be combined with bittersweet events! The Mrs was howling at the bit where Nana thanked her daughter for looking after her & told her that she loved her!

You can see Caroline Aherne still must have ongoing "issues" though, there was one scene where her hands were distinctly shaking!

Yep watched it, by mistake actually...

Glad I did though, was excellent, nothing like a good chuckle on a Sunday evening.

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Oct. 30 2006,16:42)]Anybody see this last night?  Very well done again I thought.

Still as funny as it used to be combined with bittersweet events!  The Mrs was howling at the bit where Nana thanked her daughter for looking after her & told her that she loved her!

You can see Caroline Aherne still must have ongoing "issues" though, there was one scene where her hands were distinctly shaking!
Yep, the missus was in floods at that bit as well. Scottish birds for you, eh, mate?

laugh.gif

The bit where big Dave was reading the story about Luciana was pure bloody comedy gold. I was p*ssing myself during that bit.

As usual, a totally brilliant show and amazing performances all round. Agreed about Aherne's "issues", and also about Tomlinson... one suspects he's not straying too far from his own personality, at times...

But the actors' vulnerability and their flaws is what makes it so wonderful... and it just reminded me what an absolutely brilliant show that is, it really is.

Top stuff, glad I watched it.

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ Oct. 30 2006,16:54)]Excellent I thought. If this had been written by the likes of Alan Bleasdale, Ken Loach or Alan Sillitoe it would be regarded as writing genius.

A lesson for Messrs Gervais and Marchant methinks................
Maybe a bit harsh. The Office Christmas Specials from a couple of years ago were excellent.

I thought last night's Royle Family thing was a bit up and down. There were some excellent parts - Barb and Nana's conversation as alluded to by a couple of others being one such example, briliant acting by both Sue Johnston and Liz Smith - but at times some of the jokes felt a bit strained.

Not quite sure it was strong enough for a whole hour, but still better than most of the stuff that's on telly. talking of which, does anyone ever watch ITV nowadays apart from to watch The Championship or Champions League games
rock.gif
?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Oct. 30 2006,17:12)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ Oct. 30 2006,16:54)]Excellent I thought. If this had been written by the likes of Alan Bleasdale, Ken Loach or Alan Sillitoe it would be regarded as writing genius.

Maybe a bit harsh. The Office Christmas Specials from a couple of years ago were excellent.
I was thinking of Extras in that it tries (the operative word) to be funny and also have an element of seriousness about it.

And no, I don't think anybody watches ITV.

[b said:
Not quite sure it was strong enough for a whole hour, but still better than most of the stuff that's on telly. talking of which, does anyone ever watch ITV nowadays apart from to watch The Championship or Champions League games  
rock.gif
 ?
I sometimes watch Inspector Frost when 24's on a break or something, and I'm waiting for ITV4 to get through the first four Bond films which I have on DVD so I can watch the rest, but apart from that, not a lot. The Grand Prix season when it's on maybe.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ Oct. 30 2006,17:14)]
[b said:
[b said:

I was thinking of Extras in that it tries (the operative word) to be funny and also have an element of seriousness about it.

And no, I don't think anybody watches ITV.
Ah. Fair do's. Didn't watch all that much of Extras to be honest so have to reserve judgement on that. Moira Stewart getting knicked for pushing drugs did make me chuckle though...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Oct. 30 2006,17:12)]I thought last night's Royle Family thing was a bit up and down.

Not quite sure it was strong enough for a whole hour.
Exactly my thoughts. Tried too hard to stretch it out for an hour IMO. There were too many scenes with just music playing.

Was good viewing for a Sunday evening, but not as good as most of the episodes all those years ago IMO.

Back