• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The rule of men.

Options

• Total voters

DTS

The Business
Was having a lunchtime chat with a customer of mine. Done three or four deals for him over the years and he was in the Borough High Street Area so we met up for a beer and a chat.

Now he is a wealthy bloke and whilst he has a Mrs at home he has been know to how can I say - Enjoy other females company from time to time.

This is on a "Action only - No romance basis" and he see's no harm in this. Now I also know his Mrs well and she is a lovely woman - Really bubbly and fun but obviously the same fanny does get boring after a while.

He tells me he does it all the time when out and uses the rule of men with his mates that whatever you do with your mates is strictly between the lads.

I am just debating with myself if this rule is a hard and fast rule that can never be broken or if there is some circumstances where you cant keep quiet even if it means dropping you mate in it.

I can think of 20 or 30 times in my life where I have applied "The rule of man" to my mates and I am sure they have done the same for me in my early days. Poor Dad of DtS has done it for me more times than I recall.

So what do you reckon - Do you always have a duty to keep mum to your mates Mrs or is there times when you just have to splii the beans.

DtS

rule of man overrules pretty much everything i can think of.. none of my mates who use it are married or stuff so in the end i think they can do as they wish, even if the missus is a best mate or something

Unless your best mate happens to be your Brother in Law, the rule of Man should be treated like the 11th commandment.

Surprisingly I think that women have the same rules and I can understand where you are all coming from. Personally I would never put any of my mates in a position where they would have to cover up for me, no point in being with someone if you want to shag around really is there?! However ......I have had to do this for some mates in the past and it isnt good if like me you have a conscience! Prob with too many men is - they think the grass is greener!

I am sure you all would want to know if your Mrs was playing away behind your back (I know I did but I didn't find out until 20 minutes before she was off). So it would only be "fair" for that rule to apply to both parties.

That said, actually approaching it would be a different matter and I would rather have strong words with the bloke who is doing the dirty than tell his Mrs.

At the end of the day, unless the missus is a blood relative, then I can see no grounds for interfering in the relationship between a mate and his wife.

What they do is their business, and anyone would be well advised to stick out. You'll end up making both of them unhappy and you'll lose a mate in the process.

Matt

Years ago a mate of mine once blabbed to another mate's missus about various minor indiscretions- subsequently we see a lot less of that particular "mate" and he has never been properly trusted again. He broke the code and paid the price....

TBH I have benefited from the rule of man in the past... Sometimes women just come along that are too good to turn down...

Back