• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BLUEBLOOD

Moderator of Moderators
20 managers have been appointed since the season kicked off back in August, of the 72 in situ then only half were in the position in August 2010 but is simply changing the boss whenever things go awry the answer ??

In the most case no, Plymouth are just as much in the doo now as when Carl Fletcher took over, are Leicester pulling up trees since the return of Nigel Pearson?

Of course there are exceptions, Doncaster have given themselves a fighting chance of staying up under Dean Saunders, Bristol City too have improved markedly under Derek McInnes but Notts Forest and Pompey have performed (underperformed?) as if nothing had changed

The reason i ask the question is after Wolves 5-1 capitulation against their most hated enemy (and trust me it is hatred around those parts) Mick McCarthy will almost certainly be sacked tomorrow .. will it help Wolves stay up ?? doubtful, just look at QPR who have got worse under Mark Hughes (how long before uber-**** Joey Barton starts tweeting that he's a fool or worse) then look at Sunderland under the mercurial Martin O'Neill, ok so maybe the squeaky voiced one is a very special exception

Blackburn held their nerve and stood by Steve Kean and now (last Saturday at the Emirates aside) they really seem to have a chance of avoiding the drop

IMO a manager should stay in place for the whole of the season, but that's never going to happen with some of the trigger happy chairmen around. It may be that Wigan will go down but other clubs should look at the loyalty Martinez has shown Whelan and vice versa.

Who is likely to be in the frame for the Wolves job? Perennial failures such as Steve Bruce I'd imagine.

In our division Bristol Rovers have done pretty well since McGhee took over.I'd tip them for automatic promotion next season under him.
Also in terms of the Prem.the sacking of Steve Bruce(much as I like him)and his replacement by Martin O'Neil was an inspired move(as you imply),which will almost certainly guarantee their status as a Prem.club this season and offers them the promise of a genuine chance of real improvement in the future.

Back