• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The sacked manager thread

I hope that's not because of the "men versus girls" comment he made and then of course had to apologise for. If it's because of results then that's pretty harsh, he got them promoted last season and they're comfortably mid-table. Wonder if he might go back to Port Vale.

I doubt it. There the club that signed a load of foreign 'girls' last summer.

I hope that's not because of the "men versus girls" comment he made and then of course had to apologise for. If it's because of results then that's pretty harsh, he got them promoted last season and they're comfortably mid-table. Wonder if he might go back to Port Vale.

Wasn't him who got them promoted, that was Chris Wilder, now manager of the other SUFC.

Wasn't him who got them promoted, that was Chris Wilder, now manager of the other SUFC.
And they've lost 9 of their last 11 including a 5-0 defeat to Bristol Rovers at the weekend.

I think that now means the bottom 10 teams in L1 have all changed manager.

With the exception of Swindon & Oldham, yes.

Luke Williams was at Swindon last season, his first game was their 4-2 win against us at their place.
Oldham's boss was appointed in July and it would appear they're sticking by him (for now at least)

With the exception of Swindon & Oldham, yes.

Luke Williams was at Swindon last season, his first game was their 4-2 win against us at their place.
Oldham's boss was appointed in July and it would appear they're sticking by him (for now at least)

Swindon have kind of demoted Williams with the appointment of Tim Sherwood.

Oldham fair enough.

Don't know when Sheridan left but their fans I spoke to last month gave me the impression that Steve Robinson had come in at the last moment as he only had 7 players and signed about 16 players in just a few days before the first league game. I can say its shows :blush:

Steve Robinson sacked by Oldham and John Sheridan comes in for a 3rd time in charge.

Notts Forest have sent Philipe to the job centre! stupid idea in my opinion

I don't think City will get rid of Pep, they have put far too much into building the backroom team with ex barca people to lure him there, I cant see them scrapping the plan after a season. I expect he'll be backed heavily in the summer and they'll be some big signings, if he fails in his second season then we might see him on his way.

I don't think City will get rid of Pep, they have put far too much into building the backroom team with ex barca people to lure him there, I cant see them scrapping the plan after a season. I expect he'll be backed heavily in the summer and they'll be some big signings, if he fails in his second season then we might see him on his way.

City have lost 7 from their last 22 games.
Shipping goals for fun.
Out of the title race
Signing Stones for 50 mill is a sackable offence alone IMO .

I think the clock is ticking for Pep.

City have lost 7 from their last 22 games.
Shipping goals for fun.
Out of the title race
Signing Stones for 50 mill is a sackable offence alone IMO .

I think the clock is ticking for Pep.
Stones has been poor, but Pep wasn't the only one who wanted to sign him at City.

He's also being forced to play the likes of Kolarov, Clichy and Sagna regularly and even Otamendi isn't brilliant. Expect some expensive defensive additions in the summer because Pep won't be going anywhere yet.

Back