• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The sacked manager thread

Looks like the new year premiership manager merry go round is about to begin.

Newcastle have agreed a fee with Palace to let Pardew leave for them.

Alan Irvine sacked by WBA.

Pardew leaving shifts Brown up to 32 in the longest serving list.

There's now just 16 managers who've been in charge of their team for more than one complete season and only 8 have managed more than 2!

Neil Adams resigns as Norwich manager.

My best mates wife is good mates with Neil Adams. I have text him to find out what happened.

Stuart Pearce leaves Forest!

If David Beckham was on SZ he would like this, our Britt deserves better too.

'Arry Redknapp resigns as QPR manager.

I'd like to see Hoddle take over. Agree it is a very odd reason for resigning, maybe he doesn't want a relegation to his name after a poor transfer window. Still hoping he will get the England job and the relegation would probably tarnish those chances. Or it could be a fall out with Fernandes, although he does state that their relationship was one of the best he has had in football.

I always thought there was more to Hoddle going there .:winking:

What like Redknapp is a shocking coach and needs someone decent to cover his back like when he had Mclaren before Hoddle?

So why is Ferdinand in charge?

Id like to see Hoddle given the job myself, but despite it being the simplest solution to give it to him now they havent.

I reckon Redknapp has thrown a strop because QPR didn't sign anyone in the window. Doubt we'll see him in the dugout again, wouldn't be surprised to see him 'go upstairs'. Plenty of backroom staff already there who can do the job for the rest of the season.

The Redknapp model:

• Go in spend a fortune on aging players
  • Get an iota of success through lavish unsustainable spending
  • Slowly watch success unravel due to outdated coaching and inability to manage such a large squad
  • Blame the players
  • Complain when chairman refuses to spend another fortune due to not having seen a return equal to original spending
  • Get cosy with the press to detract from the fact his squads doing ****
  • Leave club in the ****, with a crap aging expensive squad in a poor position
  • Lie about the reason for sacking
  • Log on SZ as pseudonym Mrs Blue to bleat on about how he is the best man for the England job...

Back