• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Awful, awful news, my company were talking to Graham about joining us, and now this. I really can't believe it and I'm totally choked. Life is such a tenuous thing.

Give the Blues a shout in the celestial Roots Hall mate.

RIP

First met him when I was 16 and walked into the spread for the first time. Absolute top, top bloke. Always asked how I was getting in in the army, always a genuinely nice guy. Sleep well big man.

I never met him, only saw his posts on here, but knew he was really well thought of. RIP a fellow Shrimper.

I remember him so much this morning, Ken, Chris C and his wife, TB, and I would on many many occasions over the years meet for breakfast in the Regal cafe on a Saturday morning before a home game.. More recently I always went to see him and a few others before a game when he gave up the cafe to start the day at the Navy club.

Terribly sad times and a huge loss.

R.I.P

Oh FFS! Until I stopped coming this sesason I'd sat next to Homey for several years, & latterly the wife did as well.

I usually abused Graham non stop but this is devastating news. He was a great bloke who would do anything for anyone & will be sadly missed by many. Thoughts go out to Denise & Robert. Sad, sad day.

At times like this i think its good to share with others your thoughts and feelins for the one departed,i did when Martin C died so why not share a story or two and make it a upbeat thread on a life to remeber.

Very sad news, thoughts and condolences go out to all Graham's family and friends.
RIP fellow shrimper.

For those of you who perhaps cannot put a face to his name.

34ql27r.jpg

R.I.P

Only knew him from here but anyone who questions and cajoles RM must be a top guy.

My thoughts are with his family and friends. RIP fella

Only knew him from here but anyone who questions and cajoles RM must be a top guy.

My thoughts are with his family and friends. RIP fella

Andy I saw some of the texts and e-mails he sent Ron Martin --- most were very pertinent and cutting. Not frightened to speak out, as anyone in the South Upper would verify listening to him at matches questioning the referee's parentage, and advising the opposition goalkeeper and their fans where to go.

I sat in the seat in front of his empty one last night and felt numb all game. This is too close to home.

Really shocked by this sad sad news and feel genuinely upset for a true blue ..... Graham sat in front of us at the hall and will be sorely missed ...... R.I.P Graham

I was sad to hear this news. I got to know Graham just a little bit about ten years ago when I had one season in the South Upper with him sat behind me. A big man, my memory will be of a guy that would shout loudly first and then think later - this made for some very funny moments later characterised as "shouting random thoughts!" He was a thoroughly nice chap and a loyal supporter of the club, one of the good guys. Rest in peace Graham.

When we have information about arrangements we will let people know as we would like a large Zone representation at his funeral -- he would have loved that.

At times like this i think its good to share with others your thoughts and feelins for the one departed,i did when Martin C died so why not share a story or two and make it a upbeat thread on a life to remeber.
Good idea Tony. So I'll start.

Graham more than regularly lived up to the Homer name. A few years ago, with his job then as a ships agent, he was one of the 1st of us to get these new fangled mobile phone gizmos, don't think they ever caught on. Proud as punch about anything new techo-fangled despite not having a clue how to work it he was determined to use it at all times.

At a home game against someone like Rotherham part way through the 1st half the score board changed the away team to something like Rochdale. Incensed by this & as the bastion of all thing right & proper he was straight onto his new toy to unleash a 3 or 4 minute (no exagerration) tirade of invective detailing what a disgrace it was, how it made made the club a laughing stock, that they should be ashamed of their idiocy, suggesting heads should roll from the Chairman down etc etc. A veritable symphony of abuse, well he might have had a couple of shandies, to anyone he could think might be to blame at the club.

At the end of the call we asked "what did they say?". To which he replied "they said they were A1 Cabs & didn't know what I was talking about!" :stunned:

Now most peole would have said "I've given them what for & they are sorting it & sacking the tea boy" even if they'd fecked up like that. But Homey, aka Matt Crapper (we can't go there). Nope, tell it like it was! He was a true LegEnd, in the nicest way!.

Back