• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

As Biffa says, first met him when i was about 10 (okay looked 10, was 16!) in the Spread and the likes of Ken, Mike and Graham really made me feel welcome and always a good laugh. Most recently remember getting to a pub in Romford before going to the Daggers league game and we got there about 11, only to see Graham + posse already there and drinking away already! Very sad and all happened way too suddenly. We held a minutes' silence in memory of him today before our game as the likes of Tim & Graham Hines (to mention just 2 people) knew him better than i did and most of the lads had all met him before.

RIP.

Kev

Nice touch for the minute's silence Kev.

Talking of Romford, I remember a few pre-season friendlies and Essex Senior games when Chris and Homer would be there way before anyone else...East Thurrock springs to mind.

RIP Graham - used to know him from many moons ago, and always was and is a Shrimper to the core.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family, and I hope he was looking down on the Thames Estuary Galacticos winning for him on Friday night. Goodnight, thank you, and may your God go with you.

What awful news. Many was the time he would bark out something I could not quite hear but you'd know it was another Homerism from the peals of laughter from those around him. He'll be missed by many and my thoughts go out to those who knew him best.

Never really knew the guy but have seen him at away matches. Can I add my respects to a True Shrimper. RIP.

It's been a few days since we were told the sad news just before the game on Friday; as some of you know Graham was one of the founders of Prittlewell FC, in the Southend Sunday Football League back in 1998. He acquired sponsorship, helped get the team going and took great pleasure in supporting the lads on a Sunday morning. As some of you also know he was, at the time, a shipping agent and would come to the game in a number of very fluorescent coats with built in life preservers which he would inflate with a big smile and great enthusiasm.

Although he stopped going in recent years he still had the title of Prittlewell president.

His interpretation of the laws of the game and dislike of the man in black caused many a beer-fuelled debate after most games.

And his willingness to organise trips and his recent support the RNA was outstanding.

I have had the priviledge to know Graham for over 20 years, not only as a true Shrimper but as a true friend.

You and the Southend boys up in God's real ale (not fizz pop) beer garden have a drink for us as we will drink in your memory

Until we meet again big man.

RIP Graham

Just returned from a confrence at Torquay. So had to miss friday's game. I recieved the terrible news from Ken in a text on friday just before the game and just sat there gob smacked. Coming home its really sank in!

I have known Graham for many years and am the person who got the full force of Graham's rants as i sat directly in front of him. At every game my head would be smacked as well as some water dribled over me whilst he took his frustration out at oposition goalkeeper refree, Ron martin etc.

He was a lovely bloke and would do anything for anybody and be there straight away if you needed him, although he was prone to engaging mouth before brain. I would like to give you another classic like Hooly's.
As you know Graham would suddenly jump up shouting and as usual we would all look what's he on about.
This time the Plymouth keeper was on the end of this one.
I bet you dont even read it. He kept shouting. The keeper looked confused, so did all of us.
We all said what the feck you going on about. It turned out he had seen they were sponsored by the local Plymouth evening paper, and Graham was sounding off to the keeper about the local paper. But that was Graham.
Its going to be strange taking my seat back (move over Ken) and looking behind and knowing Graham will never be there again. He will be badly missed. life and the Upper South will never be the same. I will raise a pint of real ale to you Mate.

Terrible news, didn't know the bloke but just typed him in facebook to see if we had any mutual friends...

Just the 1 - Bilel Mohsni.

R.I.P mate.

my first post despite reading on here for a couple of years as im not really fully up to date with the modern world.had to come on and say how gutted i am about graham jolley.I first got to know him through my nephew andy urry and over the years have had some great days out on the saga louts bus .graham would sort the day out ,sit there up the front of the bus and get abused all day long and he loved it.graham you were a top bloke and will be missed by many r.i.p. mate

I could not sleep again last night then had some night terror about him I cant remember and woke up screaming! scared the **** out of me other half Charlotte poor girl :'(

I have spoken to Denise, Graham's widow, and I will publish the arrangements on the Zone when they are to hand.

The Zone will be collecting for the charity of the family's choice and it is envisaged there will be drinks afterwards in the Royal Naval Club subject to dates etc.

Watch this space.

Found out last night. Gutted. He was a genuine bloke, passionate about the club. Can't believe he's gone. He had an amzing database on the club and on Ron Martin. Wonder what will happen to it?

Thanks for the laughs Homer.

Back