• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How excited are you?

• Like you Dave - Im amazingly excited

Votes: 50 33.6%
  • Pretty dam excited

Votes: 48 32.2%
  • Fairly happy

Votes: 39 26.2%
  • Im totally underwelmed.

Votes: 12 8.1%

• Total voters
weird to say for a player who only made something like 15 appearances in total but I would easily say he's by far my favourite player in an sufc shirt since ricky otto. very excited he is back! wooooooooooooooo

Thats one of your most rediculous posts matty. The boy has talent for sure , but spinner the goat freddy and marky G and maybe even maher come to mind way before sawyer does. And as loans go . I would say the federici and dervitte were better loan players.

We are all suming that sawyer will be the same talent we loaned in 3 years ago. I have a feeling if he doesnt set the world alight in the first 3 ganes he plays then the boo boys will be out in force

I couldn't be more excited if I'd got the first five numbers in a double rollover lottery and was waiting for the last number to be drawn. Sawyer looked a real prospect when he came to Southend first time round but clearly thought he as a bit sidney large balls. If he has sorted himself out he will be a good acquistion.

Can only be a good thing that Lee is back, as long as he remembers that a role of a midfielder is not only offensive, but defensive as well, which was one of his biggest downfalls. Also i cant wait for friday, but if the lad with a game doesnt set the world alight, lets give him time.

saying all this and it sounds like he will be on the bench friday

Grant is facing a race to be fit on Friday (spent today on the treatment table according to his twitter) so that may have a bearing on whether he starts or not. Hopefully Sawyer can last longer than 60mins now...

So excited I've already had "SUFC 2011 Playoff Champions" and Lee Sawyer's face tattooed on my arse. No pressure on Lee, but if he doesn't score a hattrick in a 6-0 win I will feel a bit let down, and might carve it off again with a paring knife. Have fun out there Lee :smile:

This may not be true, in fact it isn't. But I do feel quite chipper.

You are rightly named, Drastic Surgeon.

Looks as though I could have got my trip back to see us against Macclesfield on Tuesday, spot on. There must be a reasonable chance that I will see Grant, Mohsni and Sawyer on the pitch at the same time. :smile:

If he hits anything the form he showed in his first spell then this is a damn good signing. Just hope ASBO really has grown up as he is on his last chance and it would be a shame to waste his undoubted talent.

Will give us some we have lacked this year, a more creative and goalscoring midfielder, good option to have

Wonder if he still wears blue boots?. Expect his stamina/fitness to be below average as non league players do not have a training regime as comprehensive as league sides. Reckon it will take a month before he's on par with the rest of the squad. After that who knows?. The guys obviously got the talent, whether he's hungry to succeed and better himself, only he knows.

In the real world----- no money for players , crap reputation, playing in the second division can anyone think of a player that would rather come here who we had a realistic chance of coming????????????

I am massively excited by him coming, the crowd is going to be brilliant tomorrow, sawyer is going to brilliant, up the table we go . If it all goes txits up at least I will have had a few days of hope and excitement that I didn't have on Monday morning

Back