• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Scunthorpe Factor

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
Is anybody like me thinking that Scunthorpe are going to break through at the last minute? say we draw with Yovil and Scunthorpe win the last 2 games they will pinch the title!

Probably yeah. But if we finish 3rd it don't matter.

Lincoln can still win the title and Macclesfield can still go up automatically. I can't cope with this, give me mid table mediocrity anytime.
sad.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper James @ April 25 2005,10:23)]Probably yeah. But if we finish 3rd it don't matter.
Agreed.

I guess the team to watch out for the moment are clearly swansea. If they draw on saturday we should be ok. Then again, they're home against shrewsbury...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hawkwell Blue @ April 25 2005,10:27)]Lincoln can still win the title and Macclesfield can still go up automatically. I can't cope with this, give me mid table mediocrity anytime.
sad.gif
biggrin.gif
Macc can win the league on GD if we draw with Yeovil too.

They can dream!!
biggrin.gif

I am sure WS will let us know is this the closest title race in english history?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ April 25 2005,10:30)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]If they draw on saturday we should be ok.
IF we beat Yovil
Maybe not necessarily. If they draw on saturday, a point from our last two might see us sneak it, possibly on GD. Obviously we have a 3 point cushion at the moment, which shouldn't be underestimated.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jonesy tap-in @ April 25 2005,10:28)]I guess the team to watch out for the moment are clearly swansea. If they draw on saturday we should be ok. Then again, they're home against shrewsbury...
Also I haven't seen anywhere mention that Swansea had Andy Robinson sent off on Saturday. That's a massive blow to them as I think the suspension kicks in immediately and will miss both of their last two games?

However, I am sure they can beat Shrewbury without him, and probably Bury.
sad.gif

He did seem extremely annoyed when he got sent off and didn't want to go. I am sure the Welsh F.A. will get this one over turned as well.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hawkwell Blue @ April 25 2005,11:48)]However, I am sure they can beat Shrewbury without him, and probably Bury.
sad.gif

He did seem extremely annoyed when he got sent off and didn't want to go. I am sure the Welsh F.A. will get this one over turned as well.
Exactly my thoughts HB, the Welsh FA will do anything to help the Swans get promoted.

Although, on paper they look to have 2 fairly easy games against teams with nothing left to play for but a lot of people would have predicted they would have got at least a point from Bristol Rovers.

On Saturday we were supposed to have a relatively easy game against a team with nothing to play for as well. This has been one of the most unpredictable title races in years, any one of the top 5 can realistically win it, so I would not be surprised if Scunny or Swansea do slip up against their 'lesser' opponents!

If Scuny were to pinch it, due to a draw between us n Yeovil, nobody could say they do not deserve it, they slipped out of the top 3 for one weekend only all season, not bad goin really. However 3rd is good for them
tounge.gif

I can't see Swansea slipping up on Saturday. Isn't it their last ever game at the Vetch? With a capacity crowd behind them, it's surely in the script that they end an era with a convincing win, particularly against a Shrewsbury team who are pretty woeful away from home.

On the other hand, I can see Scunthorpe dropping points against Bristol Rovers. Rovers are playing well at the moment and, as much as I don't like Ian Atkins, look like they're slowly building a potential promotion-winning side.

Back