• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The season starts tomorrow! Who you picking and why?

Grapevine

Football Guru
Just to relieve the boredom and in the absence of any transfer news it may we’ll be that what we have is all we have....

In which case, if the season started tomorrow who would you pick, in what formation and why......subs too please!

Let’s assume :-

Hopper - not yet fit
Demetriou - not yet fit
Kyprianou - not yet fit
Barrett - not yet fit
White - signs new contract
Robinson - still part of the squad
No loanees have returned back to SUFC

Fire away boys......try and validate opinions where possible and give some thoughts on how you’d like to see us play......

REMEMBER THIS IS SUBJECTIVE

Last edited:
Oxley
Elvis
Kiernan
Lennon
White
Macca
Mantom
Dru
Kightly
Cox
Humphries

subs

Goodship, Klass, Robinson, Dieng, Kelman, Hutchinson

solid 4-4-2 with White at LB until we find a new one.

Makes me realise just how short of defenders we are!!!

In the absence of a left back I went for three CB but that leaves us with no defenders on the bench although I honestly believe it’ll be the only way Dieng gets the nod at all.....

Other than that I’m happy with the back 3.

As a starting 11 I’m happy with that but it highlights how fragile we may be early doors...

————————Oxley————————

———White——Kiernan——Lennon———

Bwomono—Yearwood—Mantom—McLaughlin

———————Hutchinson———————

————Humphrys————Cox————

Subs :

Bishop
Hyam
Klass
Dieng
Kightly
Robinson
Goodship

..............................Oxley
Bwomono .....Kiernan.... Lennon..... Dieng
.......Mantom.. Hyam.. Yearwood...... McLaughlin
..........................Cox... Humphrys

Subs Bishop, White, Klass, Hutchinson, Kightly, Goodship, Robinson

Mantom would tuck into make it more of a 3 man central midfield whilst Elvis provided the width down the right.
Dieng at left-back is a bit of a punt but maybe it'd be the making of him? He's played central defence before as well as wide midfield so I'd be gambling on some versatility but we lack a natural left-back and his height would be a bonus. I don't fancy McLaughlin there, especially without decent cover in front of him, and I'm hoping 2018/19 was an aberration and he'll be productive wide midfield this year. If he isn't Hutchinson is my first man off the bench where I'd be looking at easing him into an increased role as the season progresses.
With Hyam available in midfield (a generous assumption) for the holding role, Kiernan's needed more in defence where we are perilously thin.

..............................Oxley
Bwomono .....Kiernan.... Lennon..... Dieng
.......Mantom.. Hyam.. Yearwood...... McLaughlin
..........................Cox... Humphrys

Subs Bishop, White, Klass, Hutchinson, Kightly, Goodship, Robinson

Mantom would tuck into make it more of a 3 man central midfield whilst Elvis provided the width down the right.
Dieng at left-back is a bit of a punt but maybe it'd be the making of him? He's played central defence before as well as wide midfield so I'd be gambling on some versatility but we lack a natural left-back and his height would be a bonus. I don't fancy McLaughlin there, especially without decent cover in front of him, and I'm hoping 2018/19 was an aberration and he'll be productive wide midfield this year. If he isn't Hutchinson is my first man off the bench where I'd be looking at easing him into an increased role as the season progresses.
With Hyam available in midfield (a generous assumption) for the holding role, Kiernan's needed more in defence where we are perilously thin.

Dieng at left back is the stuff of nightmares! I’d rather Nathan Bishop played there.

Dieng at left back is the stuff of nightmares! I’d rather Nathan Bishop played there.

You can’t criticize someone else’s choice without offering up your own thoughts......

My thread and that’s my rule! ??

Bishop
White, Lennon, Kiernan, Bwomono
Manton, Dieng, Klass
McLaughlin, Cox, Humphrys
Subs: Oxley, Goodship, Kightley, Acquah, Robinson
If wd had a fully functioning squad to choose from many of these names would be nowhere near selection

Back