• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Serb!

He's a good player, I think it was in the Echo, where Nikola want to sign for us and Tilly wanted to sign him, but nothing could happen for a few days.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ July 24 2005,14:57)]I heard today that he was not going to sign.
do you know of any reason why he wont sign? after all both parties said they want to sign.

Would be nice to see, what is his age?

As i see him as cover, and to learn this season, to replace Spinner next season.

Tilson said he liked him but a) he wasnt in the squad against Norwich and b) he wasn't at Boots & Laces today, whereas the trialist from Chelsea who played yesterday was (albeit just for the training session). Strange.

Work Permit problems perhaps?

I am only speculating but it would explain everything other than why he'd have been here trying out in the first place!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ July 24 2005,21:44)]Work Permit problems perhaps?

I am only speculating but it would explain everything other than why he'd have been here trying out in the first place!
That was touched on before and it was suggested he has a German passport.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ July 24 2005,14:57)]I heard today that he was not going to sign.
I hope you're wrong, Grim...

sad.gif

Where did you hear this?

rock.gif

Matt

In the Echo tonight that Nikola has gone back to Germany and Tilson doesn't know what's happening. It looks unlikely that we'll get him.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ July 25 2005,22:46)]In the Echo tonight that Nikola has gone back to Germany and Tilson doesn't know what's happening.  It looks unlikely that we'll get him.
Story of our summer!

Ah well, it's a shame but the defense (aside from a left full-back) is not really as much of an issue as the forward position is anyway...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ July 25 2005,22:46)]In the Echo tonight that Nikola has gone back to Germany and Tilson doesn't know what's happening.  It looks unlikely that we'll get him.
Bummer. Would have been a fantastic acquisition and would have provide real competition to both Barrett and Spinner. Wouldn't have let anyone down if called upon, very composed on the ball, can use both feet and is dominant in the air.

I wonder why his gone back though? Perhaps his discussing the move with his family, or is that just wishful thinking. He did say that he wanted to join us but nothing would happen for the next couple of days. Could this be why it wont happen for a little while.

Back