• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The set up of the team and lack of bravery

Clean sheets is not necesarily the way forward.We're going to need to score some goals if we're going to win matches.
easier to win matches if you're tight at the back. maybe our balance is too defensive at the moment, but clean sheets guarantee you at least 1 point

easier to win matches if you're tight at the back. maybe our balance is too defensive at the moment, but clean sheets guarantee you at least 1 point

We're defensive because we don't have any decent options up front.Tranmere proved that we can't get a clean sheet against a team in form at the right end of the division.Results like the one at Newport are not going to come along too often I'm afraid.We badly need to score a goal or more again regularly.Hopefully starting with Stevenage on Saturday.

I guess what we need is to get the 0-0's against the likes of Tranmere (or try) and get the odd goal on the break against the weaker sides. Theory being it won't be pretty but we will get the points needed and fingers crossed keep goal difference down...what a pity it's so high already. Never boring supporting Southend.

Provocative?

Do you disagree that 'amassing' only six points from the last seven games (whilst not scoring in six of them) is relegation form and is therefore indicative of a project that is not working.

Provocative?

No.

Just sick to the back teeth of the crock of **** that gets served up week after week and some of the nonsensical justifications.

Perhaps I should flounce off and come back under another name.

I‘m only teasing. I agree with you entirely. I think it might be a case of those who have done their coaching badges sticking together.

Any natural ability gets coached out in the academies. The stronger teams are those that are bigger and more athletic - not those with better skill.

I guess what we need is to get the 0-0's against the likes of Tranmere (or try) and get the odd goal on the break against the weaker sides. Theory being it won't be pretty but we will get the points needed and fingers crossed keep goal difference down...what a pity it's so high already. Never boring supporting Southend.
Exactly this. I think in our position it's so easy to get bogged down in should we try this, should have done that, etc
truth is, what you said is all that matters and losing 2-0 to that excellent Tranmere side needs consigning to history asap.

Last edited:
Back