• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

the Shrimper truth - nasty northerners get away with it

Rayleigh boy

Director⭐
as Sheridan told his website - "the lads did the ugly things and battled well"
and said it was Crossleys best performance yet.

And the skipper praised this fans while Roots Hall sat on its hands while Oldham took two minutes over every goal kick and throw in and the ref was
a cricket umpire who had got lost. Sometimes he wasn't even watching the game.

Hughes was sickening with his ostensatious displays of sportmanship before killing the last ten miutes with two "injuries."

League One is a terrible , terrible League with teams of despeardos and declining old pros willing to do whatever is necessary to keep their the wages coming for another season -

The irony is that Steve Tilson is a bit of a footballing purist but the referees down here are not good enough to be going anywhere (Leeds, Forest and the BIG games will get anyone who is any good) and we get the failures who aren't good enough (generally after 20 years of trying) to ref the professional game. So an innocuous footballing team has the worst discilplinary record which I bet is all that Mr. ****face form ****town knows about Southend.

Against all this sort of crap and all the long ball merchants and the big dosh
clubs can Southend compete ?

Sure - no problem - we were two quality players down and although most supporters could name our best starting 11 we haven't seen it for a while - now I think we are missing JCR.

The squads OK and if we can learn how to feed our forwards we'll be in the playoffs and hit some form in with ashou for the automatics.

Tilson has won this league before - he is a manager who has bred success.
Winning is a precious commodity in football and he can do it.

Unfortunate how the pressure is now all on the Gillingham result.

At last...somebody who gives an accurate description of League 1.

I sit in the South Upper amongst a number of people (they know who they are), who appear content to retain the 'small team' mentality and plod along in this excuse for a division.
So what if Leeds and Forest used to be footballing 'superpowers', so what if Swansea have bigger support than us, and so what if Oldham are on good form and happen to have the best away record in the League? We are a club on the up, we have an ambitious chairman, manager and backroom staff and a squad well capable of promotion. I wish some people would banish the symptoms of this most English of diseases of being content with supporting the underdog, and realise that we should be easily in the top 6, and probably the top 2.

Football is obviously a game of opinions, but I for one am sick and tired of certain fans being satisfied with mid-table mediocrity. Why? We should be up there, and to do that, we need to win 90% of our home games and certainly beating workmanlike teams like Oldham who did nothing more than do their homework (much like every other half-decent side to visit the Hall this season), get the breakaway goal and use spoiling tactics for the rest of the game to nick the points.

Rant over...for now.

never saw JCR bottle a challenge and a couple of times I thought he was dead -

found myself missing him yesterday he sometimes used to "chat" to his marker -

never saw JCR bottle a challenge and a couple of times I thought he was dead -

found myself missing him yesterday he sometimes used to "chat" to his marker -

Agreed but he no longer wanted to be with us ..thats the simple fact.

At last...somebody who gives an accurate description of League 1.

I sit in the South Upper amongst a number of people (they know who they are), who appear content to retain the 'small team' mentality and plod along in this excuse for a division.
So what if Leeds and Forest used to be footballing 'superpowers', so what if Swansea have bigger support than us, and so what if Oldham are on good form and happen to have the best away record in the League? We are a club on the up, we have an ambitious chairman, manager and backroom staff and a squad well capable of promotion. I wish some people would banish the symptoms of this most English of diseases of being content with supporting the underdog, and realise that we should be easily in the top 6, and probably the top 2.

Football is obviously a game of opinions, but I for one am sick and tired of certain fans being satisfied with mid-table mediocrity. Why? We should be up there, and to do that, we need to win 90% of our home games and certainly beating workmanlike teams like Oldham who did nothing more than do their homework (much like every other half-decent side to visit the Hall this season), get the breakaway goal and use spoiling tactics for the rest of the game to nick the points.

Rant over...for now.

Spot on mate

Back