• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpers Trust News The Shrimpers Trust 'Big' Christmas Quiz - 2019

Fair enough but I think if you up it to a fiver you'll lose entrants. I'm sure the Trust makes a bit of money with it.

The only reason we make money on it is because of the generous sponsorship from MSPFX - Kev and I spend about 3 months putting it together, mainly because we think "Oh, we've got plenty of time," then realise, at the end of October, that it's only about a quarter done!

It makes the Trust probably about £200, I wouldn't dream of putting it up to £5, but will consider making it £2 next year. I'm glad people have enjoyed doing it, please spread the word far and wide next year, a lack of support in advertising it on social media won't have helped us this year.

The only reason we make money on it is because of the generous sponsorship from MSPFX - Kev and I spend about 3 months putting it together, mainly because we think "Oh, we've got plenty of time," then realise, at the end of October, that it's only about a quarter done!

It makes the Trust probably about £200, I wouldn't dream of putting it up to £5, but will consider making it £2 next year. I'm glad people have enjoyed doing it, please spread the word far and wide next year, a lack of support in advertising it on social media won't have helped us this year.

In which case massive thanks to you both. I will do my best to spread the word this time next year.

Kay - next year give me a nudge when it's cose to getting ready, we can maybe get any SUEPA guest around at that time to have a pic with it and use it to market it on social media

As many have said it really is a great quiz and am sure we can up the PR on it. Wish I'd kept a copy of my entry I sent you as would love to know which ones I've got wrong!

Kay - next year give me a nudge when it's cose to getting ready, we can maybe get any SUEPA guest around at that time to have a pic with it and use it to market it on social media

As many have said it really is a great quiz and am sure we can up the PR on it. Wish I'd kept a copy of my entry I sent you as would love to know which ones I've got wrong!

That's a great idea Andy, we're ready to launch by about October half term - we do publish the answers at the end so you can check yourself - it's normally quite obvious if you have a reasonable recollection of your answers, and tends to be ones you were dubious about anyway.

The Shrimpers Trust Big Xmas Quiz 2019 - Results

Over 300 entries were sold for the 2019 Christmas Quiz.

58 entries were received by the closing date of which 22 were correct.

The draw for prizes was made by John White after the SUFC training session on Tuesday 21st January.

A list of the winners and a link to the answers can be found here .

1st prize250.jpg

Could you tell me if I was one of the correct entries (Joseph Rutter)? Looking at the answers, I think I did but can't remember exactly.

I did get some help from the in-laws on Christmas Day, kept us all entertained :Winking: Great quiz!

Could you tell me if I was one of the correct entries (Joseph Rutter)? Looking at the answers, I think I did but can't remember exactly.

I did get some help from the in-laws on Christmas Day, kept us all entertained :Winking: Great quiz!

Yes, you were, but one of the unlucky ones, like @Cricko

Great quiz that. We had great fun completing it with family. Well done everyone involved!! Looking forward to this years quiz already!
ps charge a little bit more, even if just another quid. It’s worth it.

Back