• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpers Trust News The Shrimpers Trust Big Xmas Quiz - 2021

Can the closing date be extended to 11/01/22 due to the postponement of the home games over Xmas? As I was, as I'm sure other members were, going to hand this in at the Shrimpers Bar before the next home game. Thanks

Can the closing date be extended to 11/01/22 due to the postponement of the home games over Xmas? As I was, as I'm sure other members were, going to hand this in at the Shrimpers Bar before the next home game. Thanks
I don't see any problem with this at all, we usually give it a few days anyway to allow for post.

Over 150 of the 2021 Christmas Quizzes were sold.

58 entries were received by the revised closing date of which 8 were 100% correct. So well done Alistair Ambrose, Julian Ambrose, Andrew Ashenhurst, Bill Cooper, Paula Cooper, Bernardine Harker, Dave Longbottom and Tony Moul.

The draw for the 5 prizes was undertaken prior to the home game on 21st January by Matt Dennis.

Full details of the draw for the winners along with the answers to the quiz can be found on the Trust Website here.

Many thanks to everyone on the trust for running this again - it has now become the highlight of our Christmas!

For info, everyone I know who does this would be more than happy to pay a £5 entry fee based on the enjoyment it provides - it is after all money towards the club we all love.

Thanks for posting that up Kay, we got two wrong I see and I can now see why - oddly the one we were worried about we got right.

Again, a really excellent quiz, congrats to Kev and yourself for doing it, great fun to do and I would happily pay more next year as someone else has said. You might even then have better luck than me getting your pal Stan to hold a copy to help with promotions, still I'm sure Benji, Frank and Crowny helped.

A big thanks too to Mike as always for sponsoring

I'll leave it to you to break the news to Paul Y re how putting up your quiz answers have broken the website ..... :Smile:

It was tough how many did I get please @OldBlueLady
Ah, I don't know, I don't have them here now. From memory, I think you definitely got one wrong - the one people had most trouble with was "Two in a million". Several people put "Whip it" for "Beat it" - I did not allow that as that did not fit the clue. A few people put "The Graduate" for "Mrs Robinson", again, we didn't allow that as the Graduate was obviously Dustin Hoffman.

Most of those who took part fell into the 98/99 category, which proves to me that we'd set it about right.

Back