• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Though the book Your Genes Unzipped: A Guide to How Your Genetic Inheritance Can Shape Your Life Tim Spector , they explain that twins are among the best used as social influences are lesser and they are essentially clones (which gentics wise they are ).

Only identical ones, i.e. those that have come from a split egg. I've changed two different babies this morning and can confirm that my twins aren't identical!

Touching on what you say though (albeit slightly off topic) I'm fascinated by how my two will grow up alongside eachother. Boy and girl, possibly very different characters, but living pretty much in eachother's pockets for the first years of their lives. As those on here who knew my Dad and uncle will be able to testify, even identical ones can have a difference or 12.

Only identical ones, i.e. those that have come from a split egg. I've changed two different babies this morning and can confirm that my twins aren't identical!

Touching on what you say though (albeit slightly off topic) I'm fascinated by how my two will grow up alongside eachother. Boy and girl, possibly very different characters, but living pretty much in eachother's pockets for the first years of their lives. As those on here who knew my Dad and uncle will be able to testify, even identical ones can have a difference or 12.

Lol yes your right i forgot to put that in . Ah well most research points that your twins well probably develop as individuals (unles stheir conjoined which would be fun ;)) . Its not impossible that identical twins have differences just less likely , they tend to find they react in the same way to stimulus or social interaction .

Though as usual this isnt as clear cut as I first though lol http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin#Identical_.28monozygotic.29_twins

Appears there are documented cases of identical twins who are different sex's and variants there of of what is identical or not !!!

Last edited:
Back