• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

From the Biased BBC Blog:

Fascinating interview @7.50am on Today concerning the Christian couple denied the right to foster any more children because they dare not endorse homosexuality values for 8 year olds. If you listen to the tone of the interview, there is clear BBC disbelief that ANY Christian person would not seek to convey the joys of the gay lifestyle. As ever the implication is that Christians are bigots and sexists.Having a go at Christians is now an essential aspect of the liberal judiciary and in this case it is one where the BBC is clearly content to go with the law. That said, I thought the couple concerned acquited themselves quite well although I can't wait for the BBC asking Muslim parents their view on gay advocacy.

Should they be allowed to tell their child that all homosexuals will burn in hell and breed the next generation of intolerance? No, of course not. And I'm sure any Muslims/Hindus/Sikhs/Scientologists with the same viewpoint would also be banned from adoption and quite rightly so.

Should they be allowed to tell their child that all homosexuals will burn in hell and breed the next generation of intolerance? No, of course not. And I'm sure any Muslims/Hindus/Sikhs/Scientologists with the same viewpoint would also be banned from adoption and quite rightly so.

I think they would be better off with a traditional upbringing than languishing in children's homes. Is it really more important for these children to have minds full of PC orthodoxy, or bellies full of food in a home where they are loved?

From the Biased BBC Blog:

Fascinating interview @7.50am on Today concerning the Christian couple denied the right to foster any more children because they dare not endorse homosexuality values for 8 year olds. If you listen to the tone of the interview, there is clear BBC disbelief that ANY Christian person would not seek to convey the joys of the gay lifestyle. As ever the implication is that Christians are bigots and sexists.Having a go at Christians is now an essential aspect of the liberal judiciary and in this case it is one where the BBC is clearly content to go with the law. That said, I thought the couple concerned acquited themselves quite well although I can't wait for the BBC asking Muslim parents their view on gay advocacy.

Assuming this is the case of Eunice and Owen Johns, then I think the story may have been slightly misunderstood. Mr and Mrs Johns bought a discrimination case against their local council when they were told not to tell the children they fostered that homosexuality is morally wrong. They have not been denied the right to continue fostering, merely told that one of the pre-requisites for fostering is not to encourage discrimination.

In it's correct context I can't really see any outrage in this story. Is there a problem with insisting that those entrusted with the care of foster children don't instil in them any kind of racial, religious or social discrimination?

No argument with the inaccuracy and bias of the BBC though.

I think they would be better off with a traditional upbringing than languishing in children's homes. Is it really more important for these children to have minds full of PC orthodoxy, or bellies full of food in a home where they are loved?

Are they languishing? I have no idea. Maybe these couple are a tiny minority?

And as for PC - well, it's pretty pointless railing against homosexuality because it's been around since humanity begun. What should we do, criminalise it and hide it underground again with it's own secret clubs and languages?

I can understand being un pc about immigration because there are actually reasons against it that make sense, the only argument I've ever seen against homosexuality is that people are disgusted by it. I'm disgusted by baked beans, that doesn't mean I should tell kids all baked bean eaters are evil. What if the kid turns out to be gay? He's going to end up thinking that he is an abomination. If I was told being straight was a sin I would feel discriminated, so I can't see why it's acceptable to act like homosexualty is bad is any different

And as for PC - well, it's pretty pointless railing against homosexuality because it's been around since humanity begun. What should we do, criminalise it and hide it underground again with it's own secret clubs and languages?

There are plenty of Christian foster carers that make it through panel and manage to get accepted as foster carers. Foster carers aren't required to endorse homosexuality, but they're also required not to indoctrinate the children in their care that homosexuality is morally wrong. It might seem a small distinction but it's a big difference. A lot of children have thoughts and doubt about their own sexuality, and for children in care these emotions are often exacerbated by feelings of rejection and isolation. No amount of nurture or religious proselytising will prevent those moments of doubt in every child, so what happens when a vulnerable child that is sexually insecure is placed with a family that shares the views of Mr and Mrs Johns?

There are plenty of Christian foster carers that make it through panel and manage to get accepted as foster carers. Foster carers aren't required to endorse homosexuality, but they're also required not to indoctrinate the children in their care that homosexuality is morally wrong. It might seem a small distinction but it's a big difference. A lot of children have thoughts and doubt about their own sexuality, and for children in care these emotions are often exacerbated by feelings of rejection and isolation. No amount of nurture or religious proselytising will prevent those moments of doubt in every child, so what happens when a vulnerable child that is sexually insecure is placed with a family that shares the views of Mr and Mrs Johns?

Probably one less fruit?

That would be a good start. Better than being forced to accept it as mainstream which I accept is not the case here but is in far too many other cases. I can't wait for Blue Peter to follow suit. No doubt I've missed the boat on this. You can be gay I have no problem with that but you lose your "right" to marriage, your "right" to tax breaks and your "right" to foster/adopt children. Live by the pork sword. Die by the pork sword.

The silent majority (about 97% of us heterosexuals of which I'm guessing 70 percent are not liberal on this subject) will only take so much of this PC crap and subjecting our kids to portrayal of this as completely normal on mainstream TV.

You make choices in life and I have no problem if gay is the path you want to lead.

That would be a good start. Better than being forced to accept it as mainstream which I accept is not the case here but is in far too many other cases. I can't wait for Blue Peter to follow suit. No doubt I've missed the boat on this. You can be gay I have no problem with that but you lose your "right" to marriage, your "right" to tax breaks and your "right" to foster/adopt children. Live by the pork sword. Die by the pork sword.

The silent majority (about 97% of us heterosexuals of which I'm guessing 70 percent are not liberal on this subject) will only take so much of this PC crap and subjecting our kids to portrayal of this as completely normal on mainstream TV.

You make choices in life and I have no problem if gay is the path you want to lead.

That's pretty archaic. Gay is something you're born, not something you're made into. And with views like that, is it no wonder that people are scared to come out, even in 2011.

I agree with a lot of what your saying, but with society changing from homosexuality being all hush hush to today society where being gay or lesbian is deemed 'normal within society', gays and lesbians are fighting to have the same rights as everybody else. The adoption/foster children although I agree with you, I can see that never going away as it is easy to portray a loving couple (regardless of sexual orientaion) against the child beaters of the world.

That's pretty archaic. Gay is something you're born, not something you're made into. And with views like that, is it no wonder that people are scared to come out, even in 2011.

I think its easier to come out in todays society than 20 years ago

I don't believe you're born gay. That may be the prevailing PC orthodoxy, but it doesn't make it fact.

I don't believe you're born gay. That may be the prevailing PC orthodoxy, but it doesn't make it fact.

Oh please. What makes you gay then? A prediliction for musicals and Julie Garland? Exposure to John Inman at an early age?

So, how would you explain the many scientifically recorded homsexual acts between animals if they were not born that way?

Back