• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
So this is it how it is people.. We have just upgraded to our last Vb4 security and the add on Modifications we use to enhance the site are no longer supported.

In the short term it is not a problem for us, in the long term it is....It will be a year maybe before we have to actually leave Vb, which has been our soul on these forums for many years.

I am not stepping ahead of myself by saying the transition to a new site will be a pain..IT WILL.

But we have to look forward to short term pains and long term gains.

However, aside to the normal help we get from you all and the Sponsors..this isn't going to come cheap.It will be a major costly commitment.

It is a way off yet, but we as owners would be lacking if we did not try see the future of this site and keep it for you all.

Ok in to facts now:

There are a few easy ways to solve this as I see it.

1: Somebody find us a new sponsor with about a grand in his pocket. (We do need a new sponsor BTW since Outstanding left us) So find us one!!

2: We make this site a pay site so it costs you all say £25 a year to join...........There is noway we want to go that road.

3: We as the Owners and Mods try to raise more.... so how about a new SZ coffee mug...with SCP as a picture on the front with the words (Wiggle it a Little bit) and our Zone details on the front.

4: Let all hell rain with adverts everywhere...............well that's not going to happen is it people.that is not our way.

Over to you lot x

I personally would be devastated if SZ ceased to exist and I do not think it is in any way unreasonable for members to contribute £25 a year. It would be a small price to pay imho to keep things ticking over. Surely.

I personally would be devastated if SZ ceased to exist and I do not think it is in any way unreasonable for members to contribute £25 a year. It would be a small price to pay imho to keep things ticking over. Surely.

Well so far so good :)

Cricko,

the way I see it, the obvious one is find a new sponsor, however that isn't going to happen overnight, I think the Coffee mug is a good idea, great little raiser, I know for a fact I'd buy a few perfect for fathers day which gives plenty of time to get the ball rolling as that's not until June.

Other than that, as you do annually ask for funds do so again to keep the zone going, the amount of regular users on here I'm sure it wouldn't take too much to come up with the cash?

Must admit, I wasn't aware OB had left :stunned:

The problem has always been that members do not ALL contribute when requests for funds are put out - I wonder if you have any idea of percentage of users who do?

The mug might be a good idea, certainly worth a try.

Must admit, I wasn't aware OB had left :stunned:

The problem has always been that members do not ALL contribute when requests for funds are put out - I wonder if you have any idea of percentage of users who do?

The mug might be a good idea, certainly worth a try.

No, we have regulars and quite a lot that actually contribute on the most popular forums, many just visit to use the PL league or pub. I don't understand why more don't join in with the overall forums. Perhaps they are shy.

Happy with £25.00 a year, myself, as well.

This might be a bit left-field, but how about the Club helping with the sponsorship or The Echo?

After all, we do a lot of free advertising for them both on here and probably add a few people on each home gate just by chatting about the upcoming matches and getting people in the mood to go along.

Happy with £25.00 a year, myself, as well.

This might be a bit left-field, but how about the Club helping with the sponsorship or The Echo?

After all, we do a lot of free advertising for them both on here and probably add a few people on each home gate just by chatting about the upcoming matches and getting people in the mood to go along.

We cannot receive monies from the club and remain independent . Can you imagine our phones every time someone criticises the club --- "take that post down we don't like it and we pay you money".

I am afraid that the Echo receive quite a lot of posts criticising the reports, Chris Phillips hardly posts on here anymore. I am sure that is a non-starter.

Sponsor, if one can be found in the 1st instance...if not £25 pp is not unreasonable.....and might take out a few trolls into the bargain..:thumbsup:

The last quiz night I went to raised £400. If one sponsor was really tough to find could 20 pay £50? Id buy a mug too , and flog them at the quiz night. Otherwise I will chip in £25 gladly and asap if necessary

Simplest thing would be to pay a joining fee, that way EVERYONE would pay rather than the few who so often do.

John & Ken might have to wield the hatchet slightly less, though, otherwise people will be after a refund! :winking:

Especially that fella from Huddersfield the other day!

We are truly grateful to the many members who have contributed over the years to keep the Zone going.

These are just some ideas being thrown about as we have said previously that we don't really want to charge membership as we get all ages join the Zone and it may be unfair for a 14 year old to pay the same monies as someone earning £100,000 a year.

I am sure we will come to an agreeable solution but in the mean time if anyone wants to make a donation, either large or small, we will not refuse it. :smile:

Back