• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I still think an occasional Quiz or Race Night as a fund raiser is a goer - there are enough Zone members to bring friends along or to re-establish connections with former Zone members who might be willing to come along in support of an event. a Quiz Night for us, with a fish and chip supper and a raffle, normally makes around £400 - £600, so just two events a year and you'd have this covered.

Yep, these were always good fun. If we do a quiz after a game, I'll try and recruit a table.

I thought this was going to be a message to say that site will be down between this and this time, and then I noticed it had six pages!

I've read every comment and I can't remember who posted it, but £2 a month optional direct debt is what I would suggest for long term stability. Those that WANT to help, and make donations when asked upon, will. That'll make no difference to them, so there will be no paywall. Others might not take up that option, and that's okay.

I donated £12 last time, but if it was £24, who cares it's worth it.

Having said that I'd really like a SZ mug because whenever I mention 'Shrimperzone' to a colleague or friend I get funny look like it's a made up website... I wasn't a part of creating it, but I'm proud that we have this community and proud to be a part of it.

It's McNasty's site and his rules, shouldn't he pay for it?:smile:

I paid for the site completely for a fair while before we set up the company.

I am doing a Ron Martin, I have never asked for the money back but I might if we get millions of pounds in donations.

What have you ever done for the Zone ?

**** all probably.

Yep, these were always good fun. If we do a quiz after a game, I'll try and recruit a table.

elephant-polo-2_3591545b.jpg

You are not humorous, just sarky.

I don't think the Zone is for you.

I don't know the personalities involved. But perhaps its one of those situations when, if it had been said face to face rather than written, a different outcome/response may have resulted?:unsure:

The Zone has helped me while away the time on a daily basis for many years now when I should have been working, and still does even though I no longer have to pretend to work, and I am always happy to make a donation when the annual request comes out. Indeed if that 'annual' request came out every six months, I don't think I would notice and would be happy to pay it.

I would be happy to pay more, say £25-£30, as an annual fee, but as others have said, I can see that this would alter the character of the site, probably for the worse. And while it is laudable for individuals/companies to stump up £250+ and would be very grateful, I would question whether this would make for a sustainable model medium/long term.

The suggestion of a two-tier membership raised earlier in the thread, where non-paying members receive ads but paying members do not, in the same way as many mobile apps, seems to me a possible way of retaining the current character of the site while generating some revenue, as no one would be priced out and people could decide for themselves whether or not to pay.

And I'd be up for a Zone mug, especially if you have a flat-pak version built to survive shipping to Ireland.

Not sure if this idea has been mentioned yet, but anyway, how about a regular raffle? Get some excellent memorabilia from the club, (any old toot they have lying about and may be willing to donate) such as shirt/ball etc*, have it signed by current, or maybe ex-players/legends and then charge £2 per ticket, payable via PayPal?

Maybe do do this once every 3 months?

It may not pay up the total sum, but would certainly take a chunk out of it, for what (on paper at least) seems very little hard work, no?

Not sure if this idea has been mentioned yet, but anyway, how about a regular raffle? Get some excellent memorabilia from the club, (any old toot they have lying about and may be willing to donate) such as shirt/ball etc*, have it signed by current, or maybe ex-players/legends and then charge £2 per ticket, payable via PayPal?

Maybe do do this once every 3 months?

It may not pay up the total sum, but would certainly take a chunk out of it, for what (on paper at least) seems very little hard work, no?
Yes i did mention that .signed shirt and football etc but got no response to it.but not just memorabillia from SUFC , what about from Famous people or Bands etc gather a lot off stuff and have a grand auction night where not just shrimperzone people come along but open it up to the general public '

Another idea is , I dont know if shrimperzone has tee shirts or polo shirts saying i love shrimperzone or i am a member of shrimperzone,also dont know the cost of having them printed etc ,but selling them to members is a way of a subscription ,maybe someone could look into this and report back to everyone on here ,im sure many would be interested especially if they was in the colours of our beloved club.

Another idea is , I dont know if shrimperzone has tee shirts or polo shirts saying i love shrimperzone or i am a member of shrimperzone,also dont know the cost of having them printed etc ,but selling them to members is a way of a subscription ,maybe someone could look into this and report back to everyone on here ,im sure many would be interested especially if they was in the colours of our beloved club.

We used to back in the old days,but when we sunk to league 2 the call dried off.....Quite willing to resurrect that though if there is call for them.

Yes i did mention that .signed shirt and football etc but got no response to it.but not just memorabillia from SUFC , what about from Famous people or Bands etc gather a lot off stuff and have a grand auction night where not just shrimperzone people come along but open it up to the general public '

Nice idea, anybody with anything SUFC related or from somebody famous , give ma a PM please.

Back