• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Source of Our Defensive Difficulties

Bentley's Absurd Gait

We all know that we concede too many goals from set plays, and this has been attributed to a lack of height on the part of our custodian and centre backs. Two of the goals in last night's rout have also been summarised thus: 'I blame the dwarf in nets'.

But that's not it. What we lack is hair. Our players are clean shaven with skinheads or nice smart short haircuts. This is not the way to defend. We need Mick Mills style taches and Shane Westley mullets. Facial hair and flowing locks equals clean sheets. A dream back four would be:

Left Back - Barry Chuckle
Centre Back - Chuck Norris
Centre Back - Barry Gibb
Right Back - Burt Reynolds (wearing a wig)

And in goal, Steven Seagal

Ron, Tilly, make it happen.

Good point BAG. You never saw Steve Foster miss many headers

1632479.jpg

Just look what happened to our form when Simon Francis attempted to grow a beard. Had he been any good growing a beard just imagine how far we'd have gone.

The hair-performance correlation is long established, and dates all the way back to (Paul) Samson.

At the risk of being controversial, I would argue it is all about balance. I think balding centre-halves (eg Barrett) work as long as they are balanced by a mullet, or better still an afro.

Che Wilson was a crap defender, but wearing his wig we won the title.

Incidentally, the power of hair works in politics as well. The candidate with the better hair has won every general election and US Presidential Election since about 1945. It explains Boris beating Ken and why Brown is getting trounced in the polls by Cameron.

I definitely think BAG and YB are on to something. This also extends to midfield. Gower's loss of form coincided with a haircut but his hair grows quickly as we've seen over the last few weeks. Clearly not enough hair in CM so welcome back SUPER Kevin Maher and problems solved.

Incidentally, the power of hair works in politics as well. The candidate with the better hair has won every general election and US Presidential Election since about 1945. It explains Boris beating Ken and why Brown is getting trounced in the polls by Cameron.

Very good point, and you can mock Adolf's greased down black barnet, but it has a certain something in my view.

I definitely think BAG and YB are on to something. This also extends to midfield. Gower's loss of form coincided with a haircut but his hair grows quickly as we've seen over the last few weeks. Clearly not enough hair in CM so welcome back SUPER Kevin Maher and problems solved.

Not sure about the midfield allusion as Ronnie Pountney was follically challenged.

Back