• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Southend United Program debate.

What is your choice on matchday programme provision?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
560 (hahaha) Wrexham fans in the ground (make that more like 800 to 900) and I’ll bet that there were loads of those fans looking for programmes who couldn’t get them due to the non existent marketing on the day, so more major lost revenue there no doubt.

I also know that the players never received any programmes in the dressing room on Saturday as one of them told me so. Only that a member of his family bought one that he actually was able to get a programme. You really couldn’t have a more disorganised **** up if you tried really could you? A complete and utter embarrassment doesn’t even begin to cover it ?

Is this really progress Mr Lawrence? Surely the club must be able to do better than this?
So many programmes used to be wasted by being given to the players and out in hospitality, I know this is part of the cost cutting and part of the greener feel that Tom is proposing - yet to see any change around the kiosks so far....anyone know if we've dumped Pukka pies yet?

I don't think anyone will be fooled into thinking it's about green credentials. Such virtue signalling. Is just a cynical front for cost cutting which is clearly the aim. The old favourite of making a product hard to obtain then justifying its withdrawal by claiming there's no demand for it is a tried and tested ptactice among the bean counting fraternity.

This is where it started :

However the National League seem to take a different stance in their rules albeit theses are 20/21 rules on their website:

8.14 The home Club is responsible for publishing a full match programme acceptable to the Board for each of its Competition matches. A Team Sheet will not be considered sufficient to comply with this Rule. The visiting Club must send in writing to the home Club details of the proposed team they plan to field together with their Club history and up-to-date pen pictures of their current Players registered with the Competition for the season and the latest team photograph at least five days before the scheduled date of the match between the two Clubs. The home Club programme must include the details sent by the visiting Club in the match day programme. Clubs will be responsible for all comments in their match day programme in respect of the Competition, the Company or other member Clubs, notwithstanding any disclaimers to the contrary. No part of a Club’s programme issued for a match in any competition shall, in the opinion of the Board, bring the Competition or the Company into disrepute. All Clubs will be responsible for their official website or similar computer related information system, which is within the public domain. Nothing shall be included on the website which in the opinion of the Board brings the Competition or the Company into disrepute.

So the League Rules require us to produce a programme, why we are preventing people buying them is beyond me.

I have to confess that I did stop buying a programme for each game as I think they have become far too bulky to store, full of too many adverts and pages repeated in each edition, and content already published in other media.

Rather than scrapping it needs a complete rethink.
If the club can’t afford to create the content then I imagine there would be more than enough volunteers to give it a go.

However the National League seem to take a different stance in their rules albeit theses are 20/21 rules on their website:

8.14 The home Club is responsible for publishing a full match programme acceptable to the Board for each of its Competition matches. A Team Sheet will not be considered sufficient to comply with this Rule. The visiting Club must send in writing to the home Club details of the proposed team they plan to field together with their Club history and up-to-date pen pictures of their current Players registered with the Competition for the season and the latest team photograph at least five days before the scheduled date of the match between the two Clubs. The home Club programme must include the details sent by the visiting Club in the match day programme. Clubs will be responsible for all comments in their match day programme in respect of the Competition, the Company or other member Clubs, notwithstanding any disclaimers to the contrary. No part of a Club’s programme issued for a match in any competition shall, in the opinion of the Board, bring the Competition or the Company into disrepute. All Clubs will be responsible for their official website or similar computer related information system, which is within the public domain. Nothing shall be included on the website which in the opinion of the Board brings the Competition or the Company into disrepute.

So the League Rules require us to produce a programme, why we are preventing people buying them is beyond me.

I have to confess that I did stop buying a programme for each game as I think they have become far too bulky to store, full of too many adverts and pages repeated in each edition, and content already published in other media.

If the club can’t afford to create the content then I imagine there would be more than enough volunteers to give it a go.
I cant see it there in the snippet you have posted, but does it say it has to be a paper version somewhere, if it doesnt state the i guess they are not breaching the rule as the are offering a digital publication (if they went that way, which I dont think they will)

I cant see it there in the snippet you have posted, but does it say it has to be a paper version somewhere, if it doesnt state the i guess they are not breaching the rule as the are offering a digital publication (if they went that way, which I dont think they will)
I think we were offering a paper version aswell though, so would meet the rules ? Albeit, not many and not distributed as readily as they used to be.

Whether we think it will save the planet or not clubs like all businesses will be expected to demonstrate actions to reduce environmental impact. I’d have thought a far bigger costs saving and paperlite impact would be to move over to digital tickets like we had a Wealdstone. No more printing and posting, no more queues at the ticket office and reduced staff cost. Will no doubt require some initial investment but a bigger impact that the programme saga.

I think we were offering a paper version aswell though, so would meet the rules ? Albeit, not many and not distributed as readily as they used to be.
Yes we are i was just supposing if they just went to digital, i dont think they will but just thinking they still dont breach the rules if it doesnt state there has to be a paper version

Whether we think it will save the planet or not clubs like all businesses will be expected to demonstrate actions to reduce environmental impact. I’d have thought a far bigger costs saving and paperlite impact would be to move over to digital tickets like we had a Wealdstone. No more printing and posting, no more queues at the ticket office and reduced staff cost. Will no doubt require some initial investment but a bigger impact that the programme saga.
Agree, although if the system goes down on match day could cause a real pain in the backside lol

That's an interesting read. Don't think we have a latest team photograph yet either as I was supposed to be in it and it got delayed ?

Link to online purchase of physical programme is here

Only for apple or android app users I notice (which sadly lets me out as I don't have a mobile phone, out of personal choice).

All to do with the word publish which I guess would include digital.

The discussion on the Next Zoom meeting thread has drawn a lot of posts concerning programs, so it could really do with it's own thread to allow the debate to continue. There's a poll on here to gauge the usage and your preferences on programs, which might help inform the discussion a bit.

The thread is all yours folks, off you go.

Personally, I dont buy one - but mate and his daughter I was at the game with wanted one and couldnt find anyone selling one anywhere. We were in the club shop, then checked a couple of food outlets and nothing. Really poor - I get Tom was trying something out, but its clearly not working and needs to change.

We commented how few (if any!) people we saw with a program around us in the South Upper.

I visited five locations before managing to get one, either because they didn't have any or the queue was too long. However i won't be buying any more as the content has been significantly reduced and it costs the same. I have always bought a programme and had boxes of them which my son now has.

I stopped buying them a few years but if I did want one for first home game of the season I wouldn't have known where to get it from and guy behind me also thought we wasn't actually selling them.

To be honest I can see the thought process just think it's been poorly communicated before we started attending the matches.

I used to get mine on match day from the bloke outside the club shop/front gate.

A day before the Stockport game I thought, I’d do a online subscription this season.

At the moment it sounds like it was a good choice. Wrexham Programme arrived on the Friday.

I used to get mine on match day from the bloke outside the club shop/front gate.

A day before the Stockport game I thought, I’d do a online subscription this season.

At the moment it sounds like it was a good choice. Wrexham Programme arrived on the Friday.

I too did an online subscription, seems the best way to get a programme. But the programmes arent that interesting, reminded me why I stopped getting them. Only another 20 odd to arrive and then I'll stop getting them again!

Brother, why do you care so much about a garbage publication? I get you collect them but where does this stop, the quality of a typical soccer programme has the same quality as a crumpled McDonalds bag - do you take one of them home every time you get a train from Liverpool Street?

When did you last flick through an old programme? When did you last get satisfaction from content in a programme? My friend, your behaviour is identical to a cigarette smoker once the local shop is shut. It's not the shop that's the issue, it's the addiction.
I salute you for your top quality patronisation there “Brother” ??⭐

I bet you are both “funny and clever” in real life too eh? Certainly in your own mind you appear to think so. ?

I think a lot of people still care about the “garbage publication” as you put it but there you go - it isn’t even about that, it is about the distribution and availability of programmes on match-days and I’m sorry you haven’t been able to grasp the gist of that “my friend”... ?

So many programmes used to be wasted by being given to the players and out in hospitality, I know this is part of the cost cutting and part of the greener feel that Tom is proposing - yet to see any change around the kiosks so far....anyone know if we've dumped Pukka pies yet?
Surely this could be dealt with by sending less programmes into the dressing room and hospitality then rather than not giving them any at all then Kay?

Sorry but I don’t buy this “going green and cutting down on the carbon footprint” message coming out of the club. Like so much in this day and age, what is said and what is actually true are totally different things entirely.

We are not going to become Forest Green Rovers just yet (either on or off the pitch) and I’d wager that there is more likelihood of Fossetts Farm being built before we have a bike rack installed at RH. Just my opinion, for right or wrong ?

Back