• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Were you in such a hurry to post a grauniad link that you lost the ability to type? :dim:

Always liked Mourinho, the Premier League was a lot more entertaining with him there. Next season really is shaping up to be exciting in the Prem now!

The next week or so is going to be insufferable. With no major championship, this fills the football news void for SSN and they won't shut about him for ages now :zzzzz:

Sunderland vs Chelsea, or as most see it, PDC vs The Special One.

Can't wait for that game.

If he's the Mourinho of Porto, Chelsea and Inter fame, then I really can't look past Chelsea for the title next season. There's an astonishing array of talent in that line-up that was horrendously mismanaged at times last season, and they still managed to win the Europa League and finish third. That trio of Oscar, Hazard and Mata is a joy to watch and adding someone like Cavani to spearhead them would be devastating. They're a little fragile at the back, especially when Luiz has one of his brain farts as Cahill's been very underwhelming, but that's nothing £50m can't fix.

Something happened to him at Madrid though. He's always been belligerent and cantankerous, but the Madrid job exacerbated that and he developed into this seething monster who was all personal insults and jabby fingers. Chelsea fans are quite rightly excited about his appointment, most of all because that chubby charisma vacuum who's bringing the rioja to your table has gone, but I've that expectation should be tempered a little.

If he's the Mourinho of Porto, Chelsea and Inter fame, then I really can't look past Chelsea for the title next season. There's an astonishing array of talent in that line-up that was horrendously mismanaged at times last season, and they still managed to win the Europa League and finish third. That trio of Oscar, Hazard and Mata is a joy to watch and adding someone like Cavani to spearhead them would be devastating. They're a little fragile at the back, especially when Luiz has one of his brain farts as Cahill's been very underwhelming, but that's nothing £50m can't fix.

Something happened to him at Madrid though. He's always been belligerent and cantankerous, but the Madrid job exacerbated that and he developed into this seething monster who was all personal insults and jabby fingers. Chelsea fans are quite rightly excited about his appointment, most of all because that chubby charisma vacuum who's bringing the rioja to your table has gone, but I've that expectation should be tempered a little.

I'd agree with you that his appointment makes Chelsea a certainty for success next season.

(Kiss of doom). :smile:

didnt he lead madrid to the highest points total in la liga... and beat a barcelona team (that most would consider one of the best ever) to the title??
This season, ok he got a bit rubbish :P

didnt he lead madrid to the highest points total in la liga... and beat a barcelona team (that most would consider one of the best ever) to the title??
This season, ok he got a bit rubbish :P

Well that's my point entirely. At Porto, Chelsea and Inter he harboured very intense personal relationships with players and, as a result, received every last ounce they had to offer right up until the point he left. You look at the number of players who were devastated at his departure and how those three clubs fared in the immediate aftermath.

At Madrid, something changed. By the end of his time there the entire dressing room, bar maybe Modric and Essien, despised him and his position was left untenable. It's little wonder Atletico beat them to the Copa Del Rey. This might just be because of how things developed, but he seems to have become Mancini-like in the sense that he thrives in chaos, and that environment simply isn't tenable for too long. Mancini fell on his sword at City just like Mourinho has fallen on his at Madrid.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to how he greets Chelsea's Captain, Leader, Legend, Adulterer, Racist (tm) this time around, particularly after he played such a role in getting him the sack from Chelsea. I think Claude Makalele's still waiting for that lawsuit.

Back