• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Stadium Design

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
So with the work due to start imminently. Perhaps we can refresh our memories a little, of what our new home is meant to look like...

The view from the planned Away end (NE corner)
0,,10444~3088551,00.jpg

The view from the East Stand across to the Main Stand (West)
0,,10444~3088553,00.jpg

Aerial view including retail annex
0,,10444~3093766,00.jpg

Everything else you could ever want (Plans, letters) re: The New stadium, can be found HERE

Last edited:
It is beautiful...
If it was called 'The Hall' it would be even better. But it will be called the The Southend Sainsbury's Stadium or something like that.

Interesing note from the Sectretary of States report, and T&C's...

Application A - Conditions
1. The development hereby permitted shall be begun not later than 3 years beginning with the date of this permission.

report date is June 2008... best get a jiffy on!

Interesing note from the Sectretary of States report, and T&C's...

report date is June 2008... best get a jiffy on!

Yep I saw that as well.

So building work has to begin before June next year. Or the application will be void and plans will need to be re-submitted I guess. Not an option. So we should see movement pretty soon...

Yep I saw that as well.

So building work has to begin before June next year. Or the application will be void and plans will need to be re-submitted I guess. Not an option. So we should see movement pretty soon...

Yep and it has to be 'proper' work it can't just be the fencing, it has to be significant foundation work started by June next year. So really the latest we can start the prep work would be about April which is only 8 months away. Lets hope the Pizza man sells up soon.

It looks amazing. Whoever decided to design it in the shape of a shrimp is a legend in my eyes.

It looks amazing. Whoever decided to design it in the shape of a shrimp is a legend in my eyes.

I have to agree, it looks completely unique and complete "Southend". I can't wait for work to begin!

'tis indeed a unique design.

Shame the club are trying to re-brand us as "The Blues" all the time though.

Asuming it ever gets built, does anyone no who is going to finance this project. Sorry if this been discussed before,but i have never understood who was coming up with the money.

Asuming it ever gets built, does anyone no who is going to finance this project. Sorry if this been discussed before,but i have never understood who was coming up with the money.

The Echo had something to the effect yesterday that Sainsbury's is funding it. Can't remember the exact words and I may have got it wrong though.

If that's the case they must really want their new superstore!

The Echo had something to the effect yesterday that Sainsbury's is funding it. Can't remember the exact words and I may have got it wrong though.

If that's the case they must really want their new superstore!

or, as the man with the 12" penis, --- in too deep to pull out now.

or, as the man with the 12" penis, --- in too deep to pull out now.
It was my understanding before the downturn in banking, that Morgan Stanley were financing the stadium, now you say Sainsburys. The cost as far as i no has been quoted anything from 50mil to 80mil, i find it hard to believe Sainsburys will come up with that type of money just to supply us with a new stadium, even if they do want Roots Hall.

Just looking around at some recent new stadiums on footballgroundguide.com and it dawned on me that if it ever gets built, FF will probably look very similar, on the inside at least, to Cardiff's new ground. Even got the small overhanging upper tier on the main stand etc. Theirs is slightly bigger at 26,000 which probably just means a few extra rows of seats all the way round, but other than that I reckon its going to be pretty close. Only obvious difference I can see is no seats in the corners either side of the main stand. what do you all think?

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/cardiff_city/

Just looking around at some recent new stadiums on footballgroundguide.com and it dawned on me that if it ever gets built, FF will probably look very similar, on the inside at least, to Cardiff's new ground. Even got the small overhanging upper tier on the main stand etc. Theirs is slightly bigger at 26,000 which probably just means a few extra rows of seats all the way round, but other than that I reckon its going to be pretty close. Only obvious difference I can see is no seats in the corners either side of the main stand. what do you all think?

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/cardiff_city/

No, it's almost an exact replica of Stadium:MK. I believe that was designed by the same architects (HOK?)

The only difference is Stadium:MK has two tiers all the way round.

So basically FF will look like Stadium:MK without the 2nd tier of seating.

Note the 3 separated tiers on the main stand and 2 rows of boxes above, which is exactly what FF will have.

buckinghamgroupukinet26256-l2.gif

0,,10444~3088553,00.jpg

Last edited:
Back