• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Westcliff Shrimper

On Saturday a fair proportion of the STC decided not to travel to Macclesfield and instead sample the delights of The Swan in Little Totham, which was CAMRA National Pub of the Year last year and is a great day out. Myself, Snowy, GNH, Homer, Big Chris, Leeboy, Napster, Patsy, Axeman and Barry Harris travelled via luxury mini-bus, with Mrs GNH, Ron Manager and missus, and Hooly and missus joining us via their own steam.

We've decided NOT to go to any more away matches. And this is for the benefit of those who do go. Because everytime we stay away, preferring the lure of a day out in a pub, the Shrimpers win!! We had a radio tuned into BBC Essex for the match and scared the living day-lights out of the few locals in attendance when we celebrated the two goals and the final whistle! And we might have converted a few? Nah ...

Anyway, for those who were there (and others who might be midly interested), we had a darts competition and it went as follows :

Preliminary Round
Pasty 2 Barry Harris 0

First Round
Axeman 1 WS 2
Big Chris 2 Leeboy 0
Napster 0 Patsy 2
Snowy 2 Homer 0

Semi-Finals
Patsy 1 Big Chris 2
Snowy 0 WS 2

Final
Big Chris 1 WS 2

CHAMPION - WS (meeeeee!!!)

We also had a Giant Jenga competition :

Preliminary Rounds
Ron Manager beat Homer
Patsy beat Leeboy

First Round
Ron Manager beat Barry Harris
Snowy beat WS
Napster beat Axeman
Patsy beat Hooly

Semi-Finals
Snowy beat Napster
Ron Manager beat Patsy

Final
Ron Manager beat Snowy

CHAMPION : Ron Manager

Excellent day-out for all concerned.

WS

Mike , I can't see why a pub in Little Totham, a tiny village between Madon and Colchester would be surprised seeing twenty odd Southend fans singing and dancing in their pub!

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vange Shrimper @ Oct. 26 2003,18:48)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Westcliff Shrimper @ Oct. 26 2003,09:20)]We've decided NOT to go to any more away matches.
Does that mean we wont see you lot at the Orient game in February then?
Well, you won't see me ...

WS

wink.gif

A thoroughly good day out, and boy did I need the extra hour in bed before playing footy Sunday morning
wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Oct. 27 2003,10:26)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (GNH @ Oct. 27 2003,10:17)]A thoroughly good day out, and boy did I need the extra hour in bed before playing footy Sunday morning
wow.gif
how did you get on?

who did you kill?  
wink.gif
We lost + I got killed
sad.gif

I appear to be sporting a bruised swollen left foot this morning and having difficulty getting my shoe on after being sent 6 feet in the air off the ball. I would like to thank the linesman at this point for holding me round the neck to stop me laying the guy out in my moment of "Axeman" strop.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Westcliff Shrimper @ Oct. 26 2003,09:20)]Anyway, for those who were there (and others who might be midly interested), we had a darts competition and it went as follows :

Preliminary Round
Pasty 2 Barry Harris 0

First Round
Axeman 1 WS 2
Big Chris 2 Leeboy 0
Napster 0 Patsy 2
Snowy 2 Homer 0

Semi-Finals
Patsy 1 Big Chris 2
Snowy 0 WS 2

Final
Big Chris 1 WS 2

CHAMPION - WS (meeeeee!!!)
I can just see it now...darts inspired SZ monikers....

Patsy "The Power" Klubb
Mal "The Ice Man" Snow

The possibilities are endless!!

P.s. Is it any coincidence that the men with the darting physiques made it to the final?

Chris "The Fridge Freezer" Callaghan

Barry "The Mouth" Harris

Paul "The Poo" Napper

WS

Did you notice how Graham "I would rather just sit at the table and drink myself silly" Hines, managed to aviod any sporting activities
tounge.gif

Back