• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well, not a patch on the 5-4 game last year and in many ways it was all a bit tame.

They scored either side of the half time break, the second being from the spot after Lokando was sent off (deservedly really, though as it was only the stiffs the ref could maybe have bben lenient as it then meant the match was ended as a real contest).

We did though keep going to the final whistle with Laurent being the star.

Brief ratings:

Joyce: did well, many good saves and but for him we would have been stuffed. 7.5

Lokando: mugeed for the sending off and very average before. 5.5

Herd: some good running down the flanks especially in the second half, reasonably solid defensively. 7.0

Jones: the better of our two centre backs. 6.0

Reynolds: hmm, much work to do, looked shaky and at fault for the first goal 4.5

Grant: an in and out sort of match, didn't always seem up for it though he got booked (I think for dissent), went to right back after Lokando got sent off. 5.5

Macca: bossed things well, always involved, looks match fit to me, and seemed satisfied with his obligatory booking. 7.5

Scannell: went missing for much of the match, what he tried didn't really come off but a couple of good runs towards the end. Got booked too. 5.5

Forshaw: very average, and got subbed after Lokando sending off. 5.5

Walker: tried but never really did much to create. 6.0

Laurent: wow, plenty of pace, shed loads of effort, never gave up, had five or six good attempts. Star man, must at least be on the bench on Saturday if not on from the start (if not to knackered after tonight). Top man, well done. 9.0

Abbey: came on as sub after Lokando sending off. Didn't really notice him. 5.5

Non-playing subs: Ademeno, MacDonald, Osifuwa.

Crowd was about 250 so a bit sparse as you can see from the pics, I think SS Junior and me were the only SUFC fans there.

We got in free - they said it was free for season ticket holders so I showed our SUFC ones and got let in without charge. Chips though were £2.00 and under cooked, repeating nicely now.

UTB

SS

Well, not a patch on the 5-4 game last year and in many ways it was all a bit tame.

They scored either side of the half time break, the second being from the spot after Lokando was sent off (deservedly really, though as it was only the stiffs the ref could maybe have bben lenient as it then meant the match was ended as a real contest).

We did though keep going to the final whistle with Laurent being the star.

Brief ratings:

Joyce: did well, many good saves and but for him we would have been stuffed. 7.5

Lokando: mugeed for the sending off and very average before. 5.5

Herd: some good running down the flanks especially in the second half, reasonably solid defensively. 7.0

Jones: the better of our two centre backs. 6.0

Reynolds: hmm, much work to do, looked shaky and at fault for the first goal 4.5

Grant: an in and out sort of match, didn't always seem up for it though he got booked (I think for dissent), went to right back after Lokando got sent off. 5.5

Macca: bossed things well, always involved, looks match fit to me, and seemed satisfied with his obligatory booking. 7.5

Scannell: went missing for much of the match, what he tried didn't really come off but a couple of good runs towards the end. Got booked too. 5.5

Forshaw: very average, and got subbed after Lokando sending off. 5.5

Walker: tried but never really did much to create. 6.0

Laurent: wow, plenty of pace, shed loads of effort, never gave up, had five or six good attempts. Star man, must at least be on the bench on Saturday if not on from the start (if not to knackered after tonight). Top man, well done. 9.0

Abbey: came on as sub after Lokando sending off. Didn't really notice him. 5.5

Non-playing subs: Ademeno, MacDonald, Osifuwa.

Crowd was about 250 so a bit sparse as you can see from the pics, I think SS Junior and me were the only SUFC fans there.

We got in free - they said it was free for season ticket holders so I showed our SUFC ones and got let in without charge. Chips though were £2.00 and under cooked, repeating nicely now.

UTB

SS

Thanks for sharing that bit about the chips with me - they were pretty horrible last year I recall so nothing new there.

Worrying that Macca is approaching a suspension based on his reserve bookings independant of the first team ones .

Rob Craven was planning to be there so you might not have been alone

Did Bowditch play ?

Didn't exactly spell it out and score mentioned already on another thread though I did say at outset : 'They scored either side of the half time break...'

So I make that Ipswich 2 Southend 0 :)

My bad! Didn't see the other thread, though "They" could have meant us :p sort of, somehow or other....

Laurent did do well, but for all his endeavour there was little actual output, although he wasn't helped much by his colleagues. 9 probably a bit generous.

I'd say:

Joyce 7
Lokando 4
Herd 7
Jones 6
Reynolds 6
McCormack 8
Grant 4
Scannell 5
Forshaw 5
Walker 3
Laurent 8

Laurent did do well, but for all his endeavour there was little actual output, although he wasn't helped much by his colleagues. 9 probably a bit generous.

I'd say:

Joyce 7
Lokando 4
Herd 7
Jones 6
Reynolds 6
McCormack 8
Grant 4
Scannell 5
Forshaw 5
Walker 3
Laurent 8

Mmm, maybe 8.5 then, but give the lad some encouragement, doing what he did tonight with, as you say, little support, in a deathly atmosphere and in a team one short, running all over the place right to the end when no one else was really up for it, and still getting close on a good few ocassions.............make it 10 out of 10.:clap:

Mmm, maybe 8.5 then, but give the lad some encouragement, doing what he did tonight with, as you say, little support, in a deathly atmosphere and in a team one short, running all over the place right to the end when no one else was really up for it, and still getting close on a good few ocassions.............make it 10 out of 10.:clap:

You are becoming the Len Goodman of the board . Where's Wiggley (Craig) Wiggles when you need her

Unfortunately Laurent is still some way off the first team though, but encouragingly he looks very eager to impress.

His effort was incredible and he did look knackered towards the end. I beloeve his game is improving, but he's still incredibly raw. hopefully a few more months in the stiffs and he'll be in a position to knock on the first team door.

Back