• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The strangest stadium

RobM

55 years as a supporter!⭐
What is the strangest stadium you've been to? Last week I went to Lewes. Odd, to say the least!

The surrounding grass banks are topped with old flint walls, all listed structures, the club want to develop the stadium but are hemmed in. You can't even stand on the banks. The catering - well! A fresh pasta bar and decent pie and mash. Overlooking the pitch in one corner are the boxes which closely resemble beach huts.
The club is owned by the supporters and they pay the ladies' team the same as the men's. Oh I say!

What is the strangest stadium you've been to? Last week I went to Lewes. Odd, to say the least!

The surrounding grass banks are topped with old flint walls, all listed structures, the club want to develop the stadium but are hemmed in. You can't even stand on the banks. The catering - well! A fresh pasta bar and decent pie and mash. Overlooking the pitch in one corner are the boxes which closely resemble beach huts.
The club is owned by the supporters and they pay the ladies' team the same as the men's. Oh I say!
Colchester’s lifeless one in the middle of nowhere.

Quaintly named ‘The Dripping Pan’. There‘s a lot more bizarre stadia in the world of non-league.

Went to Berwick Rangers stadia few years. Their ground has a load of huge malting silos behind their main stand. I’ll find a pic…

Attachments

• E192F151-DCD2-4E3D-8E80-7D8CA17CDE75.jpeg
    E192F151-DCD2-4E3D-8E80-7D8CA17CDE75.jpeg
    364.8 KB · Views: 21
  • B189A0EB-6C55-4499-A314-44C7546987C1.jpeg
    B189A0EB-6C55-4499-A314-44C7546987C1.jpeg
    394 KB · Views: 21
Ashford Town (Middlesex) have oil storage tanks right behind one end of their ground, was called The Fuel Plant End.1631714022702.jpeg

Back