• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

"The Streets New Album

I like it, I like the honesty and he's not singing about what he was doing ten years ago. "The fine art of hotel expressionism.....the mini bar can be part of the art." Great.

Never went to church is a great song, definate single ? and means a lot to those of us who have lost their dads.

All in all, the whole album,...I'm pleasantly happy.  
biggrin.gif

Heres some reduced quality sample clips linked to those ruskies, I can't reccomend buying the album from the mp3search.ru though as they use variable bit rate, which means one song will be playing crystal clear and then the quality will dip for the next one, anyway.....

Pranging Out
War of the sexes
The Hardest Way to Make an easy Living
All Goes Out the Window
Momento Mori
Can't Con An Honest John
When You Wasn't Famous
Never went to Church
Hotel expressionism
Two Nations
Fake street Hats

...and though I like "never went to church" i'd love "two nations" to be a single, just to pi$$ the americans off.

Mike Skinner is a fecking genius...end of!

Lyrically, no-one (except for t'Arctic Monkeys) comes close to describing British youth so eloquently and on a more simple level the tunes are just totally banging. He should be considered a national hero, puts all those 'Chav-bashers' to shame as the stuck up snobs they really are....

in terms of russian mp3 sites, allofmp3 is really good and insanelycheap

it is just about legal - Their own Itunes ripoff software does the job superbly. I think on average I've paid about $1.05 per album and about 11 cents per song!

Just ordered the album from play.com £8!

Cant go wrong with that!

Cant wait to hear the album. I love the first 2 albums.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ April 09 2006,13:07)]Artful - grand dont come for free album was based around one big story through each track is this the same style?
Yes and No, I mean because he's commenting on his life it is all a story, but its not the continuing theme. I think it's easily as good as the last two. gets better each listen too.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ April 09 2006,16:31)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Just ordered the album from play.com £8!
Mug I could bring u a copy for nothing to the club shop tommrow!
But why would I want a copy when I want to add to my cd collection? I like their music and dont begrudge paying £8 for an album.

Nothing worse than having copied cd's scattered around with no sleeve.....no thanks!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ April 09 2006,19:41)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ April 09 2006,16:31)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Just ordered the album from play.com £8!
Mug I could bring u a copy for nothing to the club shop tommrow!
But why would I want a copy when I want to add to my cd collection? I like their music and dont begrudge paying £8 for an album.

Nothing worse than having copied cd's scattered around with no sleeve.....no thanks!
Very true that

Brilliant album. Favourite track 'All Goes Out The Window', very true words spoken in it.

Same them perform it on TOTP last night and it didn't sound great but the album version is top class.

Back