• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should we bring a Striker in on loan?

• Yes

Votes: 46 40.4%
  • No

Votes: 52 45.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 16 14.0%

• Total voters

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
So we have the following that could all (if required) play up top:

Dickinson
Harris
Hall
Mohsni
Corr
Sturrock
Crawford
Asante
JJ

Does anyone else feel that we need to clear a couple of those out and get 1 more "quality" striker in?

Or are you happy with the options we have currently?

All it takes is an injury or two, a suspension etc and suddenly we are looking pretty weak up top.

Bearing in mind that:

Dicko, has struggled a bit in open play.
Harris, has been average so far.
Hall, we're relying on him too much.
Mohsni is not really a striker and is up and down.
Corr, I'd be surprised if we see him back this season.
Sturrock, good at what he does, but wont score many.
Crawford, won't get a look in.
Asante, as above.
JJ, not really his position and has been poor thus far unfortunately.

Yes but we maybe surprised as to who the person going might be.

Someone has posted on rumours site that Charlton will offer £100,000 plus Paul Benson for Ryan Hall in January.

Forgot to mention that site isn't always accurate as you know. And NO it was NOT posted by me.

And of course we've Matt Paterson to come back.

Greater strength in depth is always nice but I think the best we are looking at is a loanee in the case of injury unless we can shift some out.

As for Hall, I think we would want a better deal than that. Also I would imagine Benson's wages are a lot more than Hall's.

IMO, we need to ship out a few strikers to get 1 quality striker in, think thats the missing piece we need to push on in the new year. I was dissapointed we didnt try get Jo Kuffour, whos now scoring goals on loan at gillingham, has bags of pace and knows where the goal is, someone like him would be ideal.

I think that Harris will come good - he is a natural goalscorer, and will fire sooner rather than later. With the size contract he has, I think Luggy will give him at least to the end of the season. Is he carrying an injury perhaps? A lot has been commented on about his lack of mobility from time to time.

We are still missing another piece of the puzzle though. Pace at this level is worth 10 points a season, and we do need a striker with genuine pace to complement the other strikers we have. Unfortunatley, every other club is looking for one as well ! !

Yes but we maybe surprised as to who the person going might be.

Someone has posted on rumours site that Charlton will offer £100,000 plus Paul Benson for Ryan Hall in January.

Selling Hall would be like selling our promotion hopes if not our chance of staying in League 1 if we did go up.

Whilst the goals are being spread about I dont think we need to worry too much. Still think JJ has a part to play too and could maybe play up top with Dicko.

I am very happy with what we have . Any striker we bring in is not 'guarenteed' to score loads of goals . The goals are being spread about and we are less dependant on one player than we have been in many a season.

My main concern is that we seem to have a very good team spirit at the moment, I don't want anything to happen that could jepadise that in any way. We also have no money. Of course if a golden opportunity arose to get someone in who would walk into the starting 11 then we consider it ----- but how often does that happen

Plymouth's 100+ point season was built upon a great defence and goals spread throughout the team. That's what we are like this season. I have no problem with the strikers we have, especially with Corr to come back.

With Corr coming back, no we don't need one, as that will be like a new signing. If he breaks down again, and we then get another injury, then maybe we would need one on a short term loan.

Plymouth's 100+ point season was built upon a great defence and goals spread throughout the team. That's what we are like this season. I have no problem with the strikers we have, especially with Corr to come back.

With Corr coming back, no we don't need one, as that will be like a new signing. If he breaks down again, and we then get another injury, then maybe we would need one on a short term loan.

That's my point. I fear he won't be "coming back" any time soon...

As Muse rightly pointed out we have goals throughout the team. Look at the stats in the league we are just shy of scoring 2 goals per game, and defensively we concede lss than a goal a game. IMO both Harris & Dickinson have had some unfair stick on here, both are strikers that rely on service, and won't make something out of nothing like a Freddy Eastwood. And being fair to both strikers some of the service they are getting isn't that great.

I also think we've got by this season so far without being reliant on the loan market as we've been the last 3 years. Correct me if I'm wrong we have had 3 in on loan so far, N'Daiye who was a waste of space and Timlin & Daniels who have contributed a great deal to our long undefeated run.

There's a lot of negativity on here about our strikeforce. I've said before and I will say again. If Harris and Dickinson don't score another goal all season, but we keep winning and get promoted then they have done their job.

Back