• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Summer

Anywhere recruiting for summer jobs now?

Thought i would ask you lot on here, as the employers who told me I had a job appear to be trying to screw me over!!

I used to hate getting summer jobs at uni so much. You don't have any specific skills so there seem to be very few places who'll take you on even though you are almost certainly as competent as the people they eventually hire.

Sadly, no advice to offer as the jobs I used to get were certainly unenviable until I had done my placement year.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ June 26 2006,12:18)]as the employers who told me I had a job appear to be trying to screw me over!!
Surely not that firm of solicitors along the London Road ?
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ June 26 2006,13:36)]I used to hate getting summer jobs at uni so much.  You don't have any specific skills so there seem to be very few places who'll take you on even though you are almost certainly as competent as the people they eventually hire.
Why should an employer pay a student a decent wage for a summer job if they are only going to be working for three months?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mcnasty @ June 26 2006,13:38)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ June 26 2006,12:18)]as the employers who told me I had a job appear to be trying to screw me over!!
Surely not that firm of solicitors along the London Road ?  
biggrin.gif
haha!!

No, not quite
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ June 26 2006,13:36)]I used to hate getting summer jobs at uni so much.  You don't have any specific skills so there seem to be very few places who'll take you on even though you are almost certainly as competent as the people they eventually hire.

Sadly, no advice to offer as the jobs I used to get were certainly unenviable until I had done my placement year.
Yeh exactly, thought i had found a good job, told I had the job, and that they would have openings soon (this was 4 weeks ago, as i came home for the interview), an they are currently still waiting for those openings!!

Back