• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The super sub!

Blueshrimper

Manager
Now most people are going to talk about Foran in this thread and he deserres it after his great goal tonight. However the player I am going to talk about is Matt Harrold. I am well aware that he looks poor when he starts, but when he comes on as a sub he seems to make a bit of an impact. Tonight he flicked the ball on for Foran, against Leicester he set the ball up for Macca to equalise, he should have scored against Ipswich with the header and has done well when he came on at the start of the season against the likes of West Brom and Norwich.
Now I dont know what it is, maybe it is because he is awkward and a different type of player to get used to (A bit like Peter Crouch) or maybe it is because he can win vital balls in the air when defenders are beginning to tire. Whatever it is lets hope he keeps it up!
Foran has to start though.

Last edited:
yep harrold was equally good as foran tonight and it's true that he is a useful sub

Well not equally as good Foran did a lot when he came on, Harrold won one header.

A good contribution though and Harrold does seem to shake things up right at the end.

Tonight he flicked the ball on for Foran, against Leicester he set the ball up for Macca to equalise
He played the 1-2 wioth Gower for a point at Cov when a defeat would have left us down and out. Would Bradbury have made that header tonight?

dont rate Harrold to play full games but seems to be a very useful player to bring on for the last 10 minutes without a doubt - makes himself awkward for the opposition

on for the last 10 minutes without a doubt - makes himself awkward for the opposition
So could he not make himself awkward for the other 80?
I dont want to knock Bradbury, hes done well for us, but can you tell me one instance where he contributed tonight?

Bradbury won plenty of headers etc in the first half.

Harrold has no ability to control the ball and isnt good enough to start and should be used as he has been, as a last resort.

harrold done very well when he came on today. won some good headers and basically made our goal!

He did very well to assist the goal, but thats all he did.

Freddy played the ball through to him just after and his normal lack of any control meant the ball got away.

Im happy for him to be our super sub :)

Bradbury won plenty of headers etc in the first half
Sorry JM got to disagree. He only won headers when he was unchallenged.

I was counting in the first half as I knew he had been criticised on here for not winning headers, I counted 4 out of 6 challenged headers that he won before I got bored.....

strange, I counted none.
Count them on saturday if he plays and put your result on here

Maybe you werent specifically counting like I was.....

Like I say I made a point of doing it in the first half because I know he has been criticised for not winning any.

Don't feel either are capable of starting up front to be honest although id probable rather see Bradders up there than Harrold.

Its simple really... Freddy & Foran :D

Yep agree with that, although Foran played wide again he has shown enough to get a start up front.

I have to say to not start Foran instead of Bradbury Saturday would be a serious neglect of responsibility on Tilly's part. Bradbury has no pace, missed the target with a sitter in the first half and didn't win enough ball in the air to keep his place.

Glad to see a bit of praise going Harrold's way. Some of the negative comments I've heard about him beggar belief.

I have to say to not start Foran instead of Bradbury Saturday would be a serious neglect of responsibility on Tilly's part. Bradbury has no pace, missed the target with a sitter in the first half and didn't win enough ball in the air to keep his place.

With Macca out suspended and Sam looking well off the pace (but also showing a lot of promise) I'm sure Foran will start on the left with Gower in the middle.

And the goal machine that is Bradbury partnering Sir Fred up front. We should get used to the idea now.

Back