• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Prediction League News The SZ Pred League WC Special

BLUEBLOOD

Moderator of Moderators
After lengthy discussions at PL Towers between canvey and myself we've settled on the formula for the WC Special

We are going to attempt to run it as closely as possible to the tried and tested (and we believe popular) method we currently employ, of course we welcome and crave some new players so if you are unsure as to the format please post any questions in this thread or PM canveyshrimper or myself and we'll gladly answer them

The opening round should in theory be straightforward as we already know all the fixtures in advance, 2nd and subsequent rounds will be a whole lot more complicated as they will have to be edited at pretty short notice and may mean you having to go back into your posts to edit in scores

The first few rounds will be divided as follows ....

Round 1: June 11 > June 13 (8 matches)
Round 2: June 14 > June 15 (6 matches)
Round 3: June 16 > June 17 (6 matches)
Round 4: June 18 > June 19 (6 matches)
Round 5: June 20 > June 21 (6 matches)
Round 6: June 22 > June 23 (8 matches)
Round 7: June 24 > June 25 (8 matches)

As you will have noted the first few rounds are now up and running, in fact i will be doing rounds 6 & 7 before the competition kicks off for those of you who have a pre-conceived idea of how you think the group stages will pan out and don't want nasty little things like form to cloud your judgement

Scoring will be exactly as per the regular season, 1pt for an outcome and 3pts for a spot on and points doubled on your wildcard matches

Bonus points awarded for 6/6 or 8/8 correct .. 6 or 8 points as relevent but get all results spot on and you'll earn even more points though i'll rag you mercilessly for telling me rather than putting money on it (through the SZ betting affiliates naturally !!!)

Just joined, never done it before. What does the wildcard stand for then?
You get double points for the match which you've got a Wildcard on if it earns points, e.g. If you put Southend 29-0 Colchester United Wildcard and we beat Colchester 29-0 instead of the 3 point you would usually get for getting the correct score, you would get double that, so 6 points

Ah, ok then. Thanks mate. I'll wack my predictions down over the weekend now

Back