• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The SZ World Cup Prediction League

shrimperman

Manager
Right. Saw something similar going on a certain rivals website and thought we could give it a go on here too. I know there are websites that do this type of thing but as I have very little work that I will be doing in the next 5 weeks, this is something that will pass the time.

Rules:

Its going to get very tricky if we did all 48 group games and 16 knockout games. Therefore I will pick random fixtures for every week and all you have to do is predict the score.

We're looking at:

5 fixtures for Week 1 (9th June - 15th June)
5 fixtures for Week 2 (16th June - 22nd June)
5 fixtures for Week 3 (23rd June - 29th June)
5 fixtures for Week 4 (30th June - 6th June)
The Final and 3rd/4th Place Playoff will be left in case there is a tie to be resolved.

Obviously there may be be a bit of problem to name fixtures for knockout rounds that have not yet been decided, in that it may leave short time to enter your predictions. The idea is that we just run with it and see what happens. I can't see there be anything we can't resolve.

Point System:

Correct Scoreline = 3 points
Correct Result = 1 point
Total failure to predict anything = 0 points  
wink.gif

Depending on the success of this I might have a cut after a certain round, like in the golf. Nothing concrete yet, just an idea. We may also have bonus rounds aswell, whereby you can gain doiuble points, just another idea. Any other suggestions are welcome. Can I ask everyone to just have a little faith in Shrimperman and give it a go. Its only a bit of fun and it will be interesting to see how it works.

WEEK 1 FIXTURES

Germany V Costa Rica
T & T V Sweden
Italy V Ghana
Brazil V Croatia
South Korea V Togo

So happy predicting!!

unclesam.gif

And so I'll start the ball rolling,

Germany V Costa Rica 3-1
T & T Sweden 0-2
Italy V Ghana 2-2
Brazil V Croatia 2-1
South Korea V Togo 1-0

Go on then

Germany V Costa Rica 5-0
T & T Sweden 0-0
Italy V Ghana 1-0
Brazil V Croatia 4-0
South Korea V Togo 0-2

Germany V Costa Rica 4-1
T & T Sweden 0-3
Italy V Ghana 3-1
Brazil V Croatia 2-2
South Korea V Togo 2-0

Germany 2 Costa Rica 1
Trinidad and Tobago 0 Sweden 2
Italy 1 Ghana 0
Brazil 2 Croatia 0
South Korea 1 Togo 1

Germany v Costa Rica 1-0
Trinidad and Tobago v Sweden 1-1
Italy v Ghana 3-1
Brazil v Croatia 2-1
South Korea v Togo 0-0

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ June 06 2006,14:55)]Togo will beat South Korea, I reckon.
Do you also think Brazil will beat Croatia, Italy will beat Ghana, Sweden will beat Trinidad and Tobago and Germany will thrash Costa Rica??

tounge.gif

Mine are:

Germany v Costa Rica 2-0
Trinidad and Tobago v Sweden 0-3
Italy v Ghana 3-0
Brazil v Croatia 4-1
South Korea v Togo 1-0

Germany v Costa Rica 4-0
Trinidad and Tobago v Sweden 0-5
Italy v Ghana 3-1
Brazil v Croatia 2-1
South Korea v Togo 3-0

Germany v Costa Rica 0-0
Trinidad and Tobago v Sweden 1-3
Italy v Ghana 1-1
Brazil v Croatia 2-0
South Korea v Togo 1-1

Germany 1 - 1 Costa Rica
T & T 0 - 2 Sweden
Italy 4 - 0 Ghana
Brazil 3 - 1 Croatia
South Korea 1 - 1 Togo

Germany 3 Costa Rica 0
T & T 1 Sweden 2
Italy 2 Ghana 0
Brazil 3 Croatia 1
South Korea 1 Togo 1

Mine are as follows:

Germany 2 - 0 Costa Rica
Trinidad and Tobago 0 - 1 Sweden
Italy 3 - 0 Ghana
Brazil 2 - 0 Croatia
South Korea 1 - 1 Togo

Hmmm. Could haev sworn I did this earlier...
rock.gif

Germany 2 Costa Rica 1
Trinidad & Tobago 0 Sweden 3
Italy 2 Ghana 0
Brazil 3 Croatia 1
South Korea 2 Togo 1

Right I'm giving this one a deadline of 3pm tomorrow so its last chance saloon, and on that note, bump
tounge.gif

Back