• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

the Team I would like to see for Saturday

jackspratt

Youth Team
The Team I would like to see on Saturday

Mildenhall
Sanfora Dorian Clarke Herd
Francis Grant Moussa Theo
Freedman Laurent
Subs
Barnard Barrett Joyce Betsy Macca

Last edited:
He wont drop the captain for Herd Im afraid and that central midfield partnership was what we used earlier in the season and didnt look good at all.

I dont think we should be making drastic changes to a side thats won 5 out of 7...

So you want to make 5 changes to a side that has won 5 out of 7, including playing 2 players out of position, dropping the captain and including 2 unfit players.

You're either fishing or clueless.

So you want to make 5 changes to a side that has won 5 out of 7, including playing 2 players out of position, dropping the captain and including 2 unfit players.

You're either fishing or clueless.

goodness you are all agressive nowadays arent you. he only said that was the team he would like to see. chill out.

couple of intersting points tho' ...... Barratt is more droppable now he is only a left back -

the lack of width has been caused by wide men who do not do their defensive duties ......... i.e. Betsy - a.n.other loanee BUT having Grant and Mouse gives us legs and defensive cover but lack of nouse and skill wide -

I think Moussa and Grant did well at Millwall away and obviously both covet the CM spots but are doing a good job wide ....

couple of intersting points tho' ...... Barratt is more droppable now he is only a left back -

the lack of width has been caused by wide men who do not do their defensive duties ......... i.e. Betsy - a.n.other loanee BUT having Grant and Mouse gives us legs and defensive cover but lack of nouse and skill wide -

I think Moussa and Grant did well at Millwall away and obviously both covet the CM spots but are doing a good job wide ....

We could sign Patrice Evra and he would still sit on the bench behind Barrett.

For me:

Mildenhall

Sankofa
Dervite
Clarke
Herd

Grant
McCormack
Moussa
Betsy

Barnard
Robinson

I actually think dropping Barrett is a tad harsh, I think the back 5 we have is pretty solid at the moment. We was unlucky against Millwall, in dreadful conditions, we pretty much did enough for a draw at least - again let down by finishing. The team that played against Pboro should start Sat, because this is the most balanced team I have seen (with the squad we have) for a few months. barny in for Laurent, mainly beacause Laurent for me did not look 100% fit/comfortable on Tuesday night. The knee jerk reaction to a defeat, home at that, is always wholesale changes, whereas I believe that continuity has helped us put together a run of 5 and 2 over the past 7 games. During a match, if we need the width (like we did on Tues), I would maybe bring Franno on earlier, but that is a side issue. Therefore, my team on Sat, without a doubt would be :

Mildy

Sankofa
Dorian
Clarky
Barrett

Grant
Macca
Jeff
Moussa

Barny
Theo

(unless I am missing something and Jeff is unavaliable, if so, midfield would be:

Franno
Macca
Grant
Moussa )

Christophe is suspended for Saturday.

The reason I'd bring Herd in is because at home, especially against a team that isn't a high flyer, I think we desperately need an overlapping full back with a bit of ability going forward. This is even more important as we've abandoned any thought of playing wingers.

The reason I'd bring Herd in is because at home, especially against a team that isn't a high flyer, I think we desperately need an overlapping full back with a bit of ability going forward. This is even more important as we've abandoned any thought of playing wingers.

I agree to a certain extent, we do need an attacking player, it brings it home how much we miss Gower, we always looked like we could do something when Gower attacked. I just feel that Betsy has not been much cop recently, he cant beat a man. Franno can, and to be fair, Franno can also sometimes deliver some great early balls in , I also think he actually plays well with Sankofa. Danger Moose has now stopped pining for the CM position at the moment and I think he is actualluy getting the hang of being a right footed player , on the left hand side. It is a tough call, but I still think that Barrett is good for the team at left back, he is captain afterall.

goodness you are all agressive nowadays arent you. he only said that was the team he would like to see. chill out.

no 1 is allowed an opinion on here bobby.........
we should all know that by now........;)

Last edited:
I agree to a certain extent, we do need an attacking player, it brings it home how much we miss Gower, we always looked like we could do something when Gower attacked. I just feel that Betsy has not been much cop recently, he cant beat a man. Franno can, and to be fair, Franno can also sometimes deliver some great early balls in , I also think he actually plays well with Sankofa. Danger Moose has now stopped pining for the CM position at the moment and I think he is actualluy getting the hang of being a right footed player , on the left hand side. It is a tough call, but I still think that Barrett is good for the team at left back, he is captain afterall.

Indeed, we miss Gower more than we ever thought we would. Although we just basically miss someone like him, not specifically him.

If Moussa wasn't on the left and a proper left winger was then yes I'd be happier that Barrett was being picked there, but our left side is painful to watch at times at the moment, as it was on Tuesday.

Indeed, without a natural left sided player our shape isnt great along the left side at all, however Barratt wont be dropped purely for being the skipper.

Left midfield is the key position, Id rather a real wide player doing the attacking than relying on a full back having to get forward and leave gaps.

He wont drop the captain for Herd Im afraid and that central midfield partnership was what we used earlier in the season and didnt look good at all.

I dont think we should be making drastic changes to a side thats won 5 out of 7...

Why cant you drop the Captain, Norwich City did the other night.

If Christophe is out suspended then I say play the moose in the centre, he deserves it.

Mildenhall
Sankofa Clarke Dervitte Barrett
Grant Macca Moussa Betsy
Robinson Barnard

I just feel that Betsy has not been much cop recently, he cant beat a man. Franno can, and to be fair, Franno can also sometimes deliver some great early balls in , I also think he actually plays well with Sankofa.
Would normally agree, but I thought Betsy came on on Tuesday and changed the game for the better.
Francis for me, it a bit of a gamble. Can get some great crosses in from moving, but dead balls leave a little to be desired.

i just think we need wingers asap............without them we go 1-0 down and have not got the width to brake them down.

Team for me would be

Mildenhall
Sankofa, Dervite, Clarke, Barrett
Grant, Macca, Moussa, Herd
Barney and Theo

Subs: Joyce, Betsy, Franno, and any two from Freedman/Laurent/O'Keefe depending on fitness.

Granty's doing a great job imo in recent games, and Moussa's often been drifting in anyway and doing the more attacking midfield role - let Macca take the defensive and Moussa the attacking, and Johnny out on the wing to cover Barrett and use those long throws to our advantage.

Back