• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Tokyo Olympic Games 2021

Revealed implies it was a hidden in the way Dina Asher-Smith's injury was. It wasn't revealed. They just happened to mention it.
Ok it was the wrong word to use. Mentioned! It’s another huge blow for Team GB, on top of Gemili and Asher-Smith. That’s 3 (4?) potential medals gone due to injury at the Games .. pretty disappointing. This with the 100m false starts. A lot of analysis to be done now! Not to say KJT didn’t do her absolute best and she’s still a superstar in my eyes.

Ok it was the wrong word to use. Mentioned! It’s another huge blow for Team GB, on top of Gemili and Asher-Smith. That’s 3 (4?) potential medals gone due to injury at the Games .. pretty disappointing. This with the 100m false starts. A lot of analysis to be done now! Not to say KJT didn’t do her absolute best and she’s still a superstar in my eyes.
It's been a bit of a ****show so far.

If you do nothing else today try and watch Galal Yafai win his boxing semi final. I'm not a big boxing fan but this was a tremendous competition.

If you do nothing else today try and watch Galal Yafai win his boxing semi final. I'm not a big boxing fan but this was a tremendous competition.

Watched it. That was an amazing bout. I'm not much of a boxing fan either, but I enjoyed that.

Galal Yafai put in a excellent performance there! If you don’t already know he has two other brothers Gamal and Kal so the boxing pedigree is in the family. Kal is a former world champion.

Incredible from Matt Walls winning gold in the Men’s Omnium!!

Blimey, is it finished already? I saw the first race this morning (that he won) but I didn't think it would all be done so soon.

Well done him.

Im here in the Philippines and we have a Philippine boxer going in against an Enlishman in the final of the featherweight , Palaam his name ,how do you think he will go against the Englishman , sorry i know nothing about the Pomme but Palaam a very smart boxer and fast .

Yafai Olympic Gold medalist, totally deserved and job done! Probably my most favourite GB gold of this games.

Yafai Olympic Gold medalist, totally deserved and job done! Probably my most favourite GB gold of this games.
A great effort and fingers crossed Lauren Price gets gold too. That would mean 2 golds, 2 silvers and 2 bronzes from boxing which is an amazing tally!

Does this mean you’ll be a regular in the boxing chat thread then? :Smile:

Anything is possible @Ricey.
Unfortunately professional boxing is nothing like Olympic boxing. The politics and money around it usually prevents the best fighting the best. Which is why boxing in the Olympics is brilliant because we see the best fighting the best.

We've been amazing, 4th in the medal table.

You can see the lottery funding has helped push us up to one of the best Countries in the World.

Back