• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Tokyo Olympic Games 2021

Not saying we did great and no golds was disappointing, but ….

We lost probably 3 guaranteed medals with Dina Asher Smith and Katerina Johnson Thompson’s injuries. Less likely but also possible podium finishes disappeared with Adam Gemili (injured) and Zharnel Hughes (false start). We narrowly missed out on gold in the men’s 100m relay.

We still got 6 medals in Tokyo vs 7 in Rio (and the two golds there were both won by Mo Farah).

I’d say if we underachieved anywhere it was the rowing where we’re usually very strong. But overall, Team GB did amazing. What an Olympics. My favourite event was probably the track cycling.

I agree with that, we're normally very strong in the rowing.

My favourite moment of the whole games was the young 14 year old winning the bronze in the skateboarding, she was really good.

I just love all the events in the Olympics, some sports I'd never watch any other time.

All in all, the Brits pulled it out of the bag.

Tomorrow’s the hardest for me as it’s been the highlight of my morning waking up and turning on to see how we are doing.

Likwise. I'm not a big sleeper and always awake by 5, it was nice waking up and remembering the Olympics were on, HAPPY DAYS :)

We seem to pull it out of the bag every Olympics. When you compare populations, it's just crazy how we do it. The one dampner on it, our track and field is pretty weak.
Then how well do Australia do ,the population there is just 23 million

That's big money isn't it.

It's not all about the revenue (obviously that helps), it's all about what the games leave behind also. Take London 2012, Stratford was a run down area before the Olympic Village was built, now look at it, it's a trendy place these days. We got it spot on, all the venues are still being used 9 years later. The public has access to World class sporting facillities as well as the Olympion accomidation now turned into affordable homes (as affordable as London can be).

Most of the Athens Olympic venues have been left to rot which is shocking.

And future athletes have world class places to train at/on/in.

Last edited:
Not saying we did great and no golds was disappointing, but ….

We lost probably 3 guaranteed medals with Dina Asher Smith and Katerina Johnson Thompson’s injuries. Less likely but also possible podium finishes disappeared with Adam Gemili (injured) and Zharnel Hughes (false start). We narrowly missed out on gold in the men’s 100m relay.

We still got 6 medals in Tokyo vs 7 in Rio (and the two golds there were both won by Mo Farah).

I’d say if we underachieved anywhere it was the rowing where we’re usually very strong. But overall, Team GB did amazing. What an Olympics. My favourite event was probably the track cycling.

Swimming has upped its game too.

Looks like we'll be stripped of our silver in the men's 4x100m relay as one of our runners has tested positive for a banned substance.

Back