• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Tokyo Olympic Games 2021

RHB

I'm a Mod too⭐⭐
Staff member
1626508121837.png
Just over a week to the start, so a catch-all thread has been created for all you Olympics fans out there.

I hear there's no people allowed into the various venues, i hope it don't spoil the games it's such a fantastic event,especially for the sports people taking part.

I can’t wait, I love the Olympics. Just watched a piece on BBC about Adam Peaty, the excellent British swimmer and gold medal hope. A good insight into just how dedicated these athletes are in pursuit of success.

GB Women's football currently showing on BBC 1, swimmer Adam Peaty due on at 1pm

Fingers crossed the GB boxing team will get us some medals. Some really talented boxers there with Caroline Dubois (sister of Daniel Dubois) and Frazer Clarke (missed the last two at heavyweight due to being pipped to the post by AJ and Joyce).

Fingers crossed the GB boxing team will get us some medals. Some really talented boxers there with Caroline Dubois (sister of Daniel Dubois) and Frazer Clarke (missed the last two at heavyweight due to being pipped to the post by AJ and Joyce).
Watched the young Scouse lad get beat by the Thai boxer earlier,not the most gracious in victory,when our lad held his hand out the Thai ignored it instead was busy making heart signs with his hands oh for the Olympic spirit.

Watched the young Scouse lad get beat by the Thai boxer earlier,not the most gracious in victory,when our lad held his hand out the Thai ignored it instead was busy making heart signs with his hands oh for the Olympic spirit.

Think that Thai lad will be one to watch for the future Peter McGrail is no joke and is a decent boxer.

Disappointing that BBC don't do the live feeds on iPlayer anymore, instead that's locked behind a subscription service run by Paramount. Watched a lot of the judo in the last couple of Olympics but given that we're crap at it the BBC likely won't be showing much of it.

Disappointing that BBC don't do the live feeds on iPlayer anymore, instead that's locked behind a subscription service run by Paramount. Watched a lot of the judo in the last couple of Olympics but given that we're crap at it the BBC likely won't be showing much of it.
I watched a few live feeds on iPlayer today and just had to sign in to my BBC account to access them. Otherwise channels of live coverage on Eurosport.
Enjoyable day’s viewing..I watched shooting, swimming, badminton, table tennis, volleyball, basketball, hockey and rowing.

Last edited:
Check Eurosport out, 7 channels worth.

Jade Jones (lives quite local to Wrexham) crashes out.
Big shock for the double Olympic golden girl.

We’ve won our first medal, bronze in judo..Chelsie Giles. Bradly Sinden competing in the taekwondo final so we’re guaranteed at least a silver medal then.

Last edited:
Anyone catch Adam Peaty in his breast stroke semi? As he left his block he said to the rest, 'you can follow me home lads' which is what they did. The bloke is a legend and just get stronger each Olympics.

Bizarre result in the women's road race as Austrian amateur cyclist Kiesenhofer takes gold! Apparently the Olympics doesn't allow radio contact in the road race so all the professional racers have to just keep a mental note of where their rivals are. Since Kisenhofer is an amateur cyclist none of the pros bothered to track where she was (assuming they'd only need to keep track of the pros to know if they were in a medalist place) so she cycled to the gold medal without anyone even realising she was winning. The silver medalist celebrated because she thought she'd won gold since she hadn't bothered to track where Keisenhofer was.

Finally Tom Daley has a gold medal. And Matty Lee has one in his first Olympics. Well done him.

What is there left for Adam Peaty to do? He's already completed his "Project 56".

Back